Need help in choosing a 5.1 htp jamo ?? Pioneer ??

Siddd

Hi, I plan to buy a home theatre package for my room (10ft *12ft). I need it mostly for listening to music and watching regular tv through Tara sky. I am. Confused between two models
1. Jamo s426 with either vsx323 or denon x500
2. Pioneer rs 43
I need help and genuine reviews from anyone already using these . Pls also let me know if there are other good packages in similar price range.
Thanx

It depends on ur budget & hearing taste.
According to me ..Jamo s426 is a good package ..but please check with spec it is 6 ohm speaker (i think u need to check the AVR spec for this before deciding).
Regarding x500 ,well it is good new AVR offered from Denon for a budgted price.I'm using this ,it is very good.
Please do a audition and select according to ur hearing taste.

Hi Siddd

The Jamo S426 is a good package...does it include an active subwoofer? The Towers or rather fronts can handle frequencies from 48hz - 20khz.....most of the bass effects are below 40hz or rather start from 25hz...you may want to consider a suitable Jamo powered subwoofer to help provide the punch for the system. Go for a 10 or 12 inch powered subwoofer not less than 100 w rms...You can alternatively consider Velodyne IMPACT 12 subwoofer or SVS subwoofer

In terms of a suitable AVR why don't you look at Yamaha RX V375...it supports 4k Video pass thru.....if you have budget in hand....you may want to consider some good AVRs which will definitely deliver power packed quality performance..

Marantz NR 1504 (with AirPlay) - Don't let 50w RMS x 5 channels fool you...this receiver handles big speakers easily and definitely worth its performance...the most slim AVR in the market.

Cambridge Audio AVR R351 Same outout like Marantz but a true audiophiler created device....

Both these are available on HiFiMart...check and if possible try to demo where you can...possibly you may get it cheaper elsewhere...don't miss out...

Hope this helps.

Hi Siddd

The Jamo S426 is a good package...does it include an active subwoofer? The Towers or rather fronts can handle frequencies from 48hz - 20khz.....most of the bass effects are below 40hz or rather start from 25hz...you may want to consider a suitable Jamo powered subwoofer to help provide the punch for the system. Go for a 10 or 12 inch powered subwoofer not less than 100 w rms...You can alternatively consider Velodyne IMPACT 12 subwoofer or SVS subwoofer

In terms of a suitable AVR why don't you look at Yamaha RX V375...it supports 4k Video pass thru.....if you have budget in hand....you may want to consider some good AVRs which will definitely deliver power packed quality performance..

Marantz NR 1504 (with AirPlay) - Don't let 50w RMS x 5 channels fool you...this receiver handles big speakers easily and definitely worth its performance...the most slim AVR in the market.

Cambridge Audio AVR R351 Same outout like Marantz but a true audiophiler created device....

Both these are available on HiFiMart...check and if possible try to demo where you can...possibly you may get it cheaper elsewhere...don't miss out...

Hope this helps.

you do not seem to answer me - and use same rant again and again...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I remember the famous rahul Gandhi interview - where Female Empowerment was respomsible for some problems with modi...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::clapping::clapping::yahoo:

after him I have found your answers where you relate with your limited experience of one brand and single article you read:cool::cool:

Like that everywhere your maranz comes

NOW IS YOUR MARANTZ REALLY 50 watts x 5 amplifier ????/

Do you have courage to answer??

Please can any one review the pioneer HTP 072 or onkyo HT s3500, cause these two models available in indore...
And I am looking for budget home HTS..
072 is with 24000INR and onkyo HT S3500 33000INR..

Please can any one review the pioneer HTP 072 or onkyo HT s3500, cause these two models available in indore...
And I am looking for budget home HTS..
072 is with 24000INR and onkyo HT S3500 33000INR..

Yamaha YHT 299 is one of the good HTIB's for approx 35K.. You can consider that too....

Kind attention mr hemant wagle!

With due respect to your so called qualifications and experience.....i guess the forum moderator should take note of your so called self centered attitude which is not healthy for a forum where new or experienced persons come for help or assistance....this is a democratic country and there is a freedom of expression for anyone's opinion...the key is not to get personal and i feel you are getting personal.....i will rant out what my limited or limitless experience tells me to.....it is none of your business to comment or judge upon......if you entered this thread to provide your views or suggestions...please stick to the subject and avoid getting personal.....

I hope the moderator of hifi vision checks on such members who really don't stick to the subject but tend to get personal as they have nothing better to do in life.....

The reason this revert / post in in caps is due to your poor attitude.....everyone uses a computer and knows how to use caps and colorss....please use them cautiously in life!

And yes.....my marantz provides the required output to fulfill the place i dewell in ..............don't speak about courage.....look at the mirror and see yourself if you were ever couragous in life!

Kind attention mr hemant wagle!

With due respect to your so called qualifications and experience.....i guess the forum moderator should take note of your so called self centered attitude which is not healthy for a forum where new or experienced persons come for help or assistance....this is a democratic country and there is a freedom of expression for anyone's opinion...the key is not to get personal and i feel you are getting personal.....i will rant out what my limited or limitless experience tells me to.....it is none of your business to comment or judge upon......if you entered this thread to provide your views or suggestions...please stick to the subject and avoid getting personal.....

I hope the moderator of hifi vision checks on such members who really don't stick to the subject but tend to get personal as they have nothing better to do in life.....

The reason this revert / post in in caps is due to your poor attitude.....everyone uses a computer and knows how to use caps and colorss....please use them cautiously in life!

And yes.....my marantz provides the required output to fulfill the place i dewell in ..............don't speak about courage.....look at the mirror and see yourself if you were ever couragous in life!

Check all your posts and in most of your Amp and speakers related posts you are referring same article and talking about Marantz NR 1420

Noe= my simple query is have you checked whether your output is 50 RMS x 5 as claimed?

The manual says ELECTRICAL POWER CONSUMPTION IS JUST 180 WATTS WHETHER POWER OUTPUT IS 50 WATTS X 5 = 250 WATS :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::cool:

as per my limited understanding energy cannot be created . that is what I was taught in my engineering

Conservation of energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also in any system Input Power = Output Power = Losses

In Class AB amps AVRs the losses are around 50-60% as energy require to drive fancy circuits

So REAL output of your amp is 180 /2 = 90 / 5 18 watts X 5

now it is like I am against low watts amps - I really crave for 2 W / Channel Lyrita or other tube amp with PERFCTLY MATCHED speakers ....

But it is your attitude where you come in every thread with same information which is limited is bad for information seeker as he might be misguided .

I am nothing against Marantz -as a used dealer I must have dealt with 20 + marantz items ( Maybe around 30) and all are sold to satisfied customers across india. By the way I was about to buy 1402 in grey , unfortunately it was totally sold out at Alfa.

And you are answering my 4th or 5th post so I used caps and colours - YOU FORCED ME TO USE IT ...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: But it worked - I think my "effective communication" class in MBA was not wasted :cool::cool::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
Hi Hemant,

You are not the only MBA qualified member in the forum. Globally speaking this is not effective communication and neither this is a MBA forum to teach anyone what and how communication is to be done. It is none of your business if I post my experience and comments to users who want help......if you are so qualified and experienced...go ahead and positively suggest the one who is seeking help or guidance....end of the day the member will evaluate and take a sound decision after all it is what appeals to him or her and the budget....

It is no point wasting time responding in future to you ... all the best to your effective communication skills......Not many of us members are blessed like you to sit around 24 hours on HFV and criticise other members and not provide the actual solution to the questions or problems....

Yamaha YHT 299 is one of the good HTIB's for approx 35K.. You can consider that too....

Its cost 39.9k in indore also not available. If you have any suggestion @ avr + speaker please share, next sunday I am going to visit one shop which have yamah and onkyo dealrship.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back