Need help in converting old audio & video cassettes to CDs

saumitra

I have a lot of old audio cassettes and also video tapes. I have a system with cassette player, but it is getting increasingly difficult to maintain the cassettes. And the video tapes are just lying and I cant play those (I disposed off my old VCR many years back). Some of these old audio & video cassettes I want to convert to CDs and play/ preserve.
Can someone please point me to the places in Bangalore where I can get these converted to audio CDs and VCDs/ DVDs? Also, if any of you have done such conversion (anywhere is India), can you give me some idea about the cost?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a lot of old audio cassettes and also video tapes. I have a system with cassette player, but it is getting increasingly difficult to maintain the cassettes. And the video tapes are just lying and I cant play those (I disposed off my old VCR many years back). Some of these old audio & video cassettes I want to convert to CDs and play/ preserve.
Can someone please point me to the places in Bangalore where I can get these converted to audio CDs and VCDs/ DVDs? Also, if any of you have done such conversion (anywhere is India), can you give me some idea about the cost?

There is a simple home solution that you can try, but if you are picky about your music you might not be satisfied. Actually it depends on the condition of the audio cassettes and the cassette player. If both are still in good condition then you can get acceptable quality.
Connect the headphone out of the cassette player to the MIC in (pink colour) of your computer. You will need software like MP3 recorder (this one is free). Through this software you can adjust various settings. Like I said it's a simple home solution but it works. Otherwise contact a recording studio and see if they can do it for you. My guess is that they will charge a BOMB. Hey, maybe gobble can do it for you

I got some Video casettes converted few months back. They were fairly old casettes, around 20 year old.

Shops which develop photos and/or make videos at marriages generally do the job. The cost was around 250 Rs/- per casette and it was converted to DVD.

BUT

The quality was EXTREMELY POOR and not watchable at all. Infact you couldnt see anything on the screen. I asked the shop person. The shop though a very renowned one in the city had outsourced the work to some other person who wasnt polite at all and said that the casettes were faulty leading to faulty DVD.

I couldnt check his claim as I dont have a VCR at home and he refused to play the casettes at his place to verify the claim.

After that I gave the casettes to some other person who is a friend and he said that he would try to clean the casettes and then convert it. 1-2 months back I got the DVD's again but till now I havent checked them so cant say what the quality is.

Sir,

We are from Tirupur, we are converting any old video cassettes and audio cassettes to High quality DVD and in CD. Audio will be in dolby digital.

As we are doing Board Conversion, you can get good results.

Even fungus Video Cassettes can be rectified.

Contact us: Creative Infotec, No:82, Avinashi Main Road, Opp: Ashermill 2nd Gate, Gandhinagar, Tirupur-641603. Cell: 9842270381

Sir, you may contact me for the above @07428359116. In this context, I would like to give you a brief description of my job profile.I am in this profession of restoration and preservation of some of the rarest recordings of the country mainly from Gramophone records/Audio Cassettes since last 4 years but my digitization is not only limited to first stage recording ( that almost all of my so called competitors do) but going a step ahead by remastering the final audio output. This involves complete removal of hissing sounds that are so common in LPs/ Cassettes and also enhancing the audio quality on the whole,dividing the songs in relevant tracks just like commercial CDs and last but not the least making a cover page that is a replica of the original LP/ Cassette. These days, there are number of professionals in the same trade, but they mostly use machines to digitize either LPs/Cassettes without any value addition to the final output, hence the final output given by them to the customers are mainly raw recordings consisting of one single folder with all hisses and pops of LPs/Cassettes.

I am so happy to tell you that this initiative of mine has been covered in some of the leading print media across all major cities of the country including Mid Day, Mumbai, rediff.com, Hindu and the New Indian Express in Bangalore to name a very few: you may refer to the scanned copies of my publicities in my blog : audiorestorations.blogspot.in.

I have recently launched my FaceBook page consisting mainly of my sample recordings: the link is http://www.facebook.com/AudioRestorationsFromMoloyGhosh

Although based in Delhi NCR, potential customers may send across their stuff(LPS/Cassettes) through courier for digitizing, (we can suggest customers of proper packaging that may reduce the possible transit damage), once complete, we'll courier the Gramophone records/Cassettes alongwith the Pen Drives containing the digitized recordings.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back