Need help in selecting JBL 5.1 speakers

vinothkumar

Hi People,

I need all of your help in selecting this jbl scs 140 speaker package for my SONY str dn1050 receiver with 165W at 6 OHMs.

I am already using polk tsx110 as fronts and right now I am running as 2.0 setup. I get a good deal with this JBL package which has 5 satellite speakers with 8" powered subwoofer.

Now my question is that, I dont have any problem with the powered sub but would all the rest satellite speakers run without any issues with the amp?

Or will it be blown if i raise the volume.. Speakers come with 50W each.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The speakers are 50w each @ 4 ohms, I used the same in the past with Pioneer VSX 520 avr...yes I could not blast the music but was able to drive them to almost 75% of the volume output...

Thank you efernand1... I am going to use it for surrounds and center only. Still if we raise volume nothing would happen to the speakers as well as to the receiver right? Because I suspect about the receiver which will go into protector mode if it is connected with 4 ohms speaker.

Hi,

Nopes....protection mode kicks in due to overheating which will happen eventually so..when the avr starts, ensure a small colling fan (4 or 6 inch) is placed on top of avr blowing in cold air...

Thanks efernand1.

I have placed my AVR on top of my TV cabin unit so there is no problem with heating and all.

I just a doubt with this mismatching speaker power.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back