Need help in setting up my new receiver- Marantz SR 6013

Dr.vinayaka

Respected sir
Greetings from Shimoga
Recently I purchased Marantz AV receiver- 6013 .
I have done Audyssey Multi eq x-32
I have emotive t1 towers and centre 4 warfadaele surround speakers- DFS D 10
And 2 height speakers- DFS D 10
After doing The Audyssey how to do fine adjustments. What to do with - lfe, lfe+main
Dynamic volume and test of settings. My emotive speakers are -4 ohm so how to change impedance in the receiver.
Please help me. With regards
Vinayaka

• LFE + Main settings for the front...if it sounds muddy, set it back to LFE only
  • Refer to this page for impedance settings http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6013/NA/EN/DRDZSYrhoargxb.php
  • You may need to run audyssey again...
  • If you feel levels are a bit low, increase them manually by 1db at a time to get to optimal sound.
  • Since the AVR and Speakers are relatively new, give some time to settle in for 20 hours after doing all settings..

My emotive speakers are -4 ohm so how to change impedance in the receiver.

Further to my reply on the other thread, try running the speakers without changing the impedance on the receiver. However, make sure that the receiver is properly ventilated as running a 4 ohm speaker might make it hot. If it gets too hot, the protection circuitry will kick in.

Keeping the fronts as small and setting it at 80hz will take a lot of load off the receiver and you should be ok. There are quite a few posts and discussions on the impedance settings on receivers on the net. Please search for it.

I am running my 6 ohm quad bookshelves on my marantz 7010 without any problems. But with 4 ohm loads, you might need to be a bit watchful initially to see how the receiver performs with regard to the heating issue.

To play with audyssey in details,use multieq app to do fine tuning.
Rest you can try manually and find which settings suits to your taste.

Good morning
My question is
1) Does Audyssey checks impedance of speakers while doing room correction
2) Do I need to change impedance before doing Audyssey
3) since I have done already setup do indeed to change impedance to 4 ohm or I need to change impedance and re run Audyssey
4) bass management- lfe alone or lfe plus main
5) cross over frequency how much to keep
Audyssey got 120 can I keep same or change it to 80

Please help me. Waiting for reply
With regards
Vinayaka

Good morning
My question is
1) Does Audyssey checks impedance of speakers while doing room correction
2) Do I need to change impedance before doing Audyssey
3) since I have done already setup do indeed to change impedance to 4 ohm or I need to change impedance and re run Audyssey
4) bass management- lfe alone or lfe plus main
5) cross over frequency how much to keep
Audyssey got 120 can I keep same or change it to 80

Please help me. Waiting for reply
With regards
Vinayaka

Hi

I suggest you avoid posting the same queries / challenges in different threads......as advised, you have posted in Marantz threads which is the right place for speedy responses and advises around your query.

You will get a response from one of us and other fellow members when time permits as most of us juggle between a 9am to 6am job etc etc,. I have already shared information and link for most of your queries....have you tried those? Most importantly you need to read the manual to better understand the AVR.

No offense intended or taken. It is best to keep it to a single most watched thread....

I am sure sooner or later you will be sorted out with your system...give it some time to settle in.

We are all here to help each other to get the best AV and performance!

No offense intended or taken. It is best to keep it to a single most watched thread....

I am sure sooner or later you will be sorted out with your system...give it some time to settle in.

We are all here to help each other to get the best AV and performance!
Sir my tv has 3 HDMI- one on side and 2 on rear and it supports e-arc but 2 are on the rear how to reach is the question. I have straight connector for HDMI not bent what to do. Otherwise I need to buy new one with a bent.please suggest any alternatives

Sir my tv has 3 HDMI- one on side and 2 on rear and it supports e-arc but 2 are on the rear how to reach is the question. I have straight connector for HDMI not bent what to do. Otherwise I need to buy new one with a bent.please suggest any alternatives

If the TV is wall mounted, you may need to invest in the Bent ones.....this will help protect your AVR from reverse current if any

There are lots available over Amazon...check the best one within your budget and its proper length (HDMI version etc) and make the purchase

Respected sir
I have connected cable sat to tv by HDMI
Tv to av receiver by e- arc HDMI port
Audio of av receiver is connected to tv audio- optical cable
But now if I click cable sat in av receiver nothing and cable tv only comes if I change av setting in tv remote to another HDMI port and I need to select tv audio in the av receiver. Any help for this cumbersome procedure

Respected sir
I have connected cable sat to tv by HDMI
Tv to av receiver by e- arc HDMI port
Audio of av receiver is connected to tv audio- optical cable
But now if I click cable sat in av receiver nothing and cable tv only comes if I change av setting in tv remote to another HDMI port and I need to select tv audio in the av receiver. Any help for this cumbersome procedure

Hmm why optical connection when you have already connected via HDMI ARC? Also, why not connect all your sources to the receiver and the receiver out to TV? You can setup Standby Pass through when you do not want to use the receiver for Audio.

MaSh

Hmm why optical connection when you have already connected via HDMI ARC? Also, why not connect all your sources to the receiver and the receiver out to TV? You can setup Standby Pass through when you do not want to use the receiver for Audio.

MaSh
Because of risk of reverse current damaging HDMI board

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back