Need help is setting up Media Server on Windows 7 with Denon AVRx1400

rush2samy

Hi All, I need help in setting up the music server on windows 7. I have connected the Denon AVR with Wifi and My PC is able to list the device. I went to Denon AVR --> Music Server. I found my PC getting listed there.
However it's only picking Default Music Library. I have shared one music folder which is not getting listed. Can some one help. Looks like its only streaming music library. In addition to that its only detecting MP3 and not flac.

Hello, Don't remember much of Win 7 now, but I will try:
1. Better to have Windows media player 12 as a minimum.
2. You will have to build a media library before you can stream. I think for example: To add videos.....right click Library......select Manage Videos Library.....and specify the folder on your hard disk. Same for Audio. Then if I remember correctly, after specifying the folder.......you have to select that folder from Organize view and select include folder....click ok etc. You may be asked if you want to share the folder.....click yes. Now you should see you folder in the Video / Audio Library.
3. Click "Stream" and select Allow all computers and media devices.
4. Disable firewall.

Sorry, for a little vague reply, been ages since Win 7 and also don't have a Win 7 system to give you a better reply. But I think this should work. Cheers.

Edit 1: typos.
Edit 2: Disable firewall or allow the traffic. Better to have firewall enabled when you are online.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back