Need help - Jio Music and BubbleUPNP

aurobindosaha

Hello

I like to stream Jio Music to my Raspberry Pi streamer. For streaming I generally use BubbleUPnP.

With Google Music or Youtube I can select the song and click 'share' and choose BubbleUPnP and the song plays on streamer without any issues.

But with Jio Music if I do the same I see error 'Cannot Play No Http Stream Found'

My streamer is a Raspberry Pi 3 - connected to my Wifi and has RuneAudio installed.

Anyone can help to solve this? Things work well with YouTube or Google Music. I am not what the issue is with Jio Music

Also I am considering to buy the paid version of BubbleUPnP ... any recommendation/benefits that I will enjoy over free version?

Here are some screenprints
https://cp.sync.com/dl/60f830920#awxcmdiw-c8fktxh6-fmwtks6i-x6cnqvjm

https://cp.sync.com/dl/d74c76510#shz7aayz-apm34ccr-5iwax83j-gvxu6ucy

Thanks
Auro

Hello

I like to stream Jio Music to my Raspberry Pi streamer. For streaming I generally use BubbleUPnP.

With Google Music or Youtube I can select the song and click 'share' and choose BubbleUPnP and the song plays on streamer without any issues.

But with Jio Music if I do the same I see error 'Cannot Play No Http Stream Found'

My streamer is a Raspberry Pi 3 - connected to my Wifi and has RuneAudio installed.

Anyone can help to solve this? Things work well with YouTube or Google Music. I am not what the issue is with Jio Music

Also I am considering to buy the paid version of BubbleUPnP ... any recommendation/benefits that I will enjoy over free version?

Here are some screenprints
https://cp.sync.com/dl/60f830920#awxcmdiw-c8fktxh6-fmwtks6i-x6cnqvjm

https://cp.sync.com/dl/d74c76510#shz7aayz-apm34ccr-5iwax83j-gvxu6ucy

Thanks
Auro

This looks more like an issue with the Jio Music app itself as I am unable to do the same with Chromecast casting as well. The app is of very bad quality as it works sometimes and the next moment it freezes. So I do not think your Pi streamer or the BubbleUPnP has any issue.

Last edited:
This looks more like an issue with the Jio Music app itself as I am unable to do the same with Chromecast casting as well. The app is of very bad quality as it works sometimes and the next moment it freezes. So I do not your Pi streamer or the BubbleUPnP has any issue.
Yes, I checked Jio Music>Support>FAQ, and Jio Music does not support streaming through AirPlay or Chromecast. I think that answers why Jio music can never become a global streaming app such as Google music, Spotify or Tidal.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I checked Jio Music>Support>FAQ, and Jio Music does not support streaming through AirPlay or Chromecast. I think that answers why Jio music can never become a global streaming app such as Google music, Spotify or Tidal.

You can cast entire screen, works fine. Jio Music quality is much superior in fact.

BTW it's free service to Jio users... why would you want it to be a global streaming app?

And Spotify/Tidal are also not global streaming apps... if anything people have to overpay to use them or add to piracy by sharing them.

You can cast entire screen, works fine. Jio Music quality is much superior in fact.

BTW it's free service to Jio users... why would you want it to be a global streaming app?

And Spotify/Tidal are also not global streaming apps... if anything people have to overpay to use them or add to piracy by sharing them.
Agreed Jio music quality is superb. 320 kbps. That is why I am interested in Jio music.

I am not talking about casting screen to TV. I am talking about casting audio through DLNA or UPnP. My streamer is Raspberry Pi, hat with DAC that connect to AMP and then to speakers.

Global streaming Apps ... I mean Streaming apps which are global players. They have better support and more standardized compatibility.

Do not mind paying for streaming app if quality and features are good.

Thanks
Auro

Agreed Jio music quality is superb. 320 kbps. That is why I am interested in Jio music.

I am not talking about casting screen to TV. I am talking about casting audio through DLNA or UPnP. My streamer is Raspberry Pi, hat with DAC that connect to AMP and then to speakers.

Global streaming Apps ... I mean Streaming apps which are global players. They have better support and more standardized compatibility.

Do not mind paying for streaming app if quality and features are good.

Thanks
Auro

So you are casting to the Pi... as in the Pi is the renderer?

If so what s/w are you using?

It will be a lot cheaper and less hassle to get Chromecast Audio and connect it to the DAC.

You can easily cast from mobile to Chromecast, and also Jio Music will have Chromecast support shortly.

And seeing you are using Google Music, Chromecast makes a lot of sense. You can also consider adding a Google Home, then you can play with a voice command. I am doing the same with both Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices at home.

I pay for Spotify Premium, it's good and a workable solution. Of course I'd prefer the quality of my own CD rips, but neither Alexa nor Google Home work with my NAS yet.

If you don't mind paying then consider Spotify Premium. Google Music too is good if you plan to stay in the Google ecosystem and also it's a lot cheaper in the Indian context, Rs. 99 vs. Rs. 800 for Spotify Premium.

My streamer and DAC HATs on each other. Meaning these are two PCBs that sits on top of one another. It's in one enclosure. It's manufactured by Acoustic Portrait and has very high quality liner power supply that makes the rendering, and conversions so pure and smooth. I would like to stay with this dac and streamer set up. Here's a link to see how it works. https://youtu.be/_03RnQUXCmQ

The rendering (digital to analog conversation) happens in DAC, while Pi is responsible for running the media player daemon (MPD) that catalogs and controls the digital media files.

Software is RuneAudio for MPD. For streaming I find BubbleUPnP quite versatile. I am planning to purchase the paid version.

Hi-fi needs very clean power. The USB power through Chromecast USB port may no be too clean. I would prefer to stay with this Swara Streamer/DAC since it's of more premium quality.

I was paying google music 88 rupees per month, but stopped the subscription recently. I wanted to try other services. That when I landed on Jio Music.

Spotify is a good option, but they have nog launched in India. I hate to use the VPN trick.

So, considering these, I was thinking how can I make Jio Music work with my current Swara Streamer and DAC.

Sorry did not provide this background earlier.

By the way, have you used BubbleUPnP? Do you know what benefits I get in paid version?

Thanks
Auro

This probably is related to Jio not allowing other networks to play the stream, Can you try move the Pi to Jio network and see if it helps ? hostspot ?

Many times when I switch networks Jio music stops as they want us to be in Jio network to run Jio.

This probably is related to Jio not allowing other networks to play the stream, Can you try move the Pi to Jio network and see if it helps ? hostspot ?

Many times when I switch networks Jio music stops as they want us to be in Jio network to run Jio.

Like I said I am casting Jio Music via Chromecast to all of my equipment around the house. Also, can cast/stream via Bluetooth. And Jio Music is also adding casting support natively.

The only limitation is the app will not work without a Jio SIM, that's all.

Tested just now, works on WiFi (not on Jio network), works on Jio 4G.

Thanks for sharing these tips. I have not tried switching to Jio hotspot. It will probably work for me as you said.

For ease of operations, I ended up going back to Google Music and BubbleUPnP (paid version)

Thanks
Auro

My streamer and DAC HATs on each other. Meaning these are two PCBs that sits on top of one another. It's in one enclosure. It's manufactured by Acoustic Portrait and has very high quality liner power supply that makes the rendering, and conversions so pure and smooth. I would like to stay with this dac and streamer set up. Here's a link to see how it works. https://youtu.be/_03RnQUXCmQ

The rendering (digital to analog conversation) happens in DAC, while Pi is responsible for running the media player daemon (MPD) that catalogs and controls the digital media files.

Software is RuneAudio for MPD. For streaming I find BubbleUPnP quite versatile. I am planning to purchase the paid version.

Hi-fi needs very clean power. The USB power through Chromecast USB port may no be too clean. I would prefer to stay with this Swara Streamer/DAC since it's of more premium quality.

I was paying google music 88 rupees per month, but stopped the subscription recently. I wanted to try other services. That when I landed on Jio Music.

Spotify is a good option, but they have nog launched in India. I hate to use the VPN trick.

So, considering these, I was thinking how can I make Jio Music work with my current Swara Streamer and DAC.

Sorry did not provide this background earlier.

By the way, have you used BubbleUPnP? Do you know what benefits I get in paid version?

Thanks
Auro

Dear Sir,

After getting your review about AP Swara Dac. I have also got it from Shiv (Bangalore). it is good dac btw I have not listened other dac. The main problems I am facing that I am not able to play any online app. through it like saavan, wynk, etc. I have posted a question in the forum but no vain. Could you please suggest is there any option available for this.

Moreover, You are using bubblepnp to cast music through AP dac. could you please suggest in details how can i use bubblepnp software to cast music from my dac.

thanks

Hi,

I am kind of barging in on the thread. My query is a bit basic but I am sort of a noobie in this.

So, my set up is a Emotiva DAC with a Marantz PM6004 Amp. I use my laptop to play music.

Typically use Saavn to play music. My challenge is it is very irritating to always get up and go to the laptop and change the song.

Is there a way, thru' which I can change songs sitting afar thru' my smartphone.

Cheers,

Dear Sir,

After getting your review about AP Swara Dac. I have also got it from Shiv (Bangalore). it is good dac btw I have not listened other dac. The main problems I am facing that I am not able to play any online app. through it like saavan, wynk, etc. I have posted a question in the forum but no vain. Could you please suggest is there any option available for this.

Moreover, You are using bubblepnp to cast music through AP dac. could you please suggest in details how can i use bubblepnp software to cast music from my dac.

thanks
Yes, let's talk. Call me please call me at 98 3 66 888 9o

Hi,

If you are able to find a way to play the apps, please post here as well. This might be helpful for others as well who use boards like raspberry pi or sparky for streaming.

Thanks

My workflow us as follows -
1. Add google music (track, album, artist, genre) to library in Google Music app. (Paid subscription 89 rupees a month)

2. Use BubbleUPnP to sync all local (usb, nas and cloud music). Cloud music includes GoogleMusic, Tidal and others. This is required almost once a week , but depends how frequently you update your library.
https://cp.sync.com/dl/3b45dbfa0/wuifjgg7-xqmpdhx2-h3iavfuv-unhfjkkw
https://cp.sync.com/dl/49f0dd220/axvunr9q-sfy74qcm-z4w8cm68-dzeeuwu3

3. Under render option BubbleUPnP can find my Swara DAC (the Raspberry Pi) easily.

4. I gave got paid version of BubbleUPnP because free version can enquete only 3 tracks for cloud sources.

For other cases ... Such as YouTube , I can click on the music file or video and choose share in my android phone. If I pick BubbleUPnP as share option, it renders to my Swara DAC.
https://cp.sync.com/dl/60f830920/awxcmdiw-c8fktxh6-fmwtks6i-x6cnqvjm
Thanks
Auro

With latest version of Jio Music it does support AirPlay and Chromecast. FAQ updated in Jio Support site.

Thanks for sharing these tips. I have not tried switching to Jio hotspot. It will probably work for me as you said.

For ease of operations, I ended up going back to Google Music and BubbleUPnP (paid version)

Thanks
Auro

Yes, casting option goes away if I am in non Jio network. In my ActFiber wifi network ... Casting button gets vanished if I restart the Jio app. It reappears when I turn off wifi and use Jio 4G.

This is a big limitation for me. My wifi router has all my renders connected .... My pi streamer. I do not use Chromecast device.

Thanks
Auro

Dear Member,

Here I wish to share my great experience with Mr. Aurbinod as I was having difficulty to stream audio via my new AP Dac. He kindly listened all my problems and provided requisite solution resulting I am able to stream you tube through AP swara Dac. He also interacted to JIO Team for their support and to update their software so as to enable to cast audio to software like rune audio etc.. Mr. Aurbinod is very helpful and such member of forum is really great treasure of the HIFI Vision- Forum.
Thanks
Raj

Thank you Raj for your kind appreciation.

One more point I learnt from BubbleUPnP support team that they will not add Jio, Wynk, Svaan, Gaana to its streaming sources.
dusei9kj-m5ndvg3i-u326ak7q-pemssxvn

For now they support Google Music, Tidal and some more sources.

Thanks
Auro

QUOTE="rajkr100, post: 754644, member: 258"]Dear Member,

Here I wish to share my great experience with Mr. Aurbinod as I was having difficulty to stream audio via my new AP Dac. He kindly listened all my problems and provided requisite solution resulting I am able to stream you tube through AP swara Dac. He also interacted to JIO Team for their support and to update their software so as to enable to cast audio to software like rune audio etc.. Mr. Aurbinod is very helpful and such member of forum is really great treasure of the HIFI Vision- Forum.
Thanks
Raj[/QUOTE]

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back