Need HELP! : LG VS SONY

ashutoshunlimited

Hey Guys,
So finally I am a part of this site which has helped me make a lot of av decisions.
I have a major Dilema on which TV to buy for my home.

LG LA6900 49 inch or 55 inch

OR

Sony W950A LED 55

I wanted to buy plasma Panasonic ST60 but its stopped now.
Was considering Samsung 50 inch F5500 series but have decided against it for reflection and glare issues and no where could see it.

My Buying Factors:

LG:
good deal. getting it for 1.3lacs 55 inch.
remote.
the picture is pretty decent
looks good.
flexi stand with it.

Sony
Triluminous seems tempting
this tv has been an award winner for sony.
pic quality is great.

Want to bring an end to this dilema and buy it soon

Price is a factor...but not for 10k difference. sony i will get for aroung 1.5k

please help.

Hey Guys,
So finally I am a part of this site which has helped me make a lot of av decisions.
I have a major Dilema on which TV to buy for my home.

LG LA6900 49 inch or 55 inch

OR

Sony W950A LED 55

I wanted to buy plasma Panasonic ST60 but its stopped now.
Was considering Samsung 50 inch F5500 series but have decided against it for reflection and glare issues and no where could see it.

My Buying Factors:

LG:
good deal. getting it for 1.3lacs 55 inch.
remote.
the picture is pretty decent
looks good.
flexi stand with it.

Sony
Triluminous seems tempting
this tv has been an award winner for sony.
pic quality is great.

Want to bring an end to this dilema and buy it soon

Price is a factor...but not for 10k difference. sony i will get for aroung 1.5k

please help.
Both the tvs you have chosen are very good ......if you want to save the 20k then you can go for lg ....not that you will compromise on quality.....if i were in your place i would go with sony if budget is not a constraint....also leds do not last very long so try and get extended warranty as most manufacturers give 1 year warranty.....except for toshiba(i have heard) and maybe few others who offer 3 years.....you can see previous threads for more details about why should not spend more on these leds as they have a life of max. 4-5 years...rest is your choice.....sony and lg both are very good......lg will be cheaper than sony because of the brand name it has and most dealers wont offer discounts on sony and try to convince you to buy them saying they are the best. you can look at multi electronic stores who can give you a side by side comparison like croma...vijay sales.....reliance digital...etc... and you can then choose which suits your need best and whether the sony is worth the 20k extra........All the best

Last edited:
Hi ashutoshunlimited,

Here are some links to help you to see the difference in TVs

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

LED vs LCD vs plasma TV - Which? Technology

Can LED LCD look as good as plasma? - CNET

CNET's guide to 3D TV: What you (still) need to know - CNET

Whats the Difference Between Active 3D and Passive 3D TVs? | eBay

HFV has threads on Samsung, Sony and LG......there are currently only 2 brands providing 3 years warranty.....Sharp & Toshiba....you can click on my user name to view recent posts related to choosing TVs which has helped members to a great extent.....

End of the day it all depends on what appeals to you in terms of looks, performance and ofcourse budget...warranty plays a major role...

Some of the BEST tv's in the world are plasma tv's. They give you reference level picture quality, something other tv's aspire. However they are best suited in darker rooms. For very bright rooms LED would work better. The Samsung F8500 is the ONLY bright plasma with reference like picture quality which will also work in brighter rooms unlike other plasmas.

ST60 is an excellent plasma, just sourcing it is a problem. S60 is also available from the same series, is an entry level budget plasma. Coming to your options I would go with Sony if budget is not a constraint...........well worth it!!! Sony W950A is an awesome LED. Have you seen Samsung F7500, also another good one. I also like Samsung F8000 which is one of the best LEDs but priced very high.

Back