Need Help On Choosing SubWoofer

arima007

Guys I'm finally able to afford 7.2 Ch with Denon X2200W. But confused about choosing subwoofer under 60k.
The Configuration is,
Sonodyne 2605v3
Sonodyne C2501v3
Sonodyne 1501v3

But yet to choose Subwoofer,

The Options are:

Velodyne Impact 12
Velodyne Impact 10
Sonodyne Roar
SVS

Please tell me suitable Subwoofer for this configuration and also mention the best price at which I can get it.

Svs is rated high so is the price. If you plan to go for dual in future, decide accordingly. PB1000 is a great bet.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Most of the SVS subs are highly rated , you will not go wrong with SVS sub but if you want alternative then go for Polk DSW Pro660wi or Dali EF12.Both are in your price bracket.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Taga Harmony SW10 is the hot topic.......the specs looks great and looks beefy..... they're greatly priced and also HifiMart is giving a 20% discount..... you may check that one out.

Most of the SVS subs are highly rated , you will not go wrong with SVS sub but if you want alternative then go for Polk DSW Pro660wi or Dali EF12.Both are in your price bracket.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk
yup. What is the best rate at which I can get Polk DSW Pro660wi or Dali EF12 ?

Taga Harmony SW10 is the hot topic.......the specs looks great and looks beefy..... they're greatly priced and also HifiMart is giving a 20% discount..... you may check that one out.
Have you ever used it ? If so please tell me how good the product is :)

Hi am using Velodyne impact 12 with x3100 and very much satisfied for both music and movies (more towards movie)

TT
I heard that they stopped manufacturing/suppplying Velodyne Impact 12 due to the arrival of Mark II series.Is that true ?

I heard that they stopped manufacturing/suppplying Velodyne Impact 12 due to the arrival of Mark II series.Is that true ?

Yes that is what I heard it too, however its still available for sale in HTSTORE Bangalore.
VI 12 / VI 10 is a great sub for movies and also good for music.

I definitely consider it . But price range is more above my budget :D

I just got an SVS SB100 for 49,000. PB was for around 58. And I would imagine they are a little more expensive here in Mumbai because of Octroi. Why don't you call up Acoustic Arts in Delhi and see if they can give you a good rate. They are the distributors. I am sure they'll ship it to you.

SVS sounded the most level headed to me. You can of course audition and figure. PB as I am told might be better for movies. I wanted one that was good for music too; so SB1000.

Have you ever used it ? If so please tell me how good the product is :)

Recently some of the FMs have bought this model. You may want to check their feedback.

Taga subs are not yet common like SVS, Velodyne, Wharfedales etc. The specs of SW-10 looks great with impressive frequency response.

Hi

I auditioned the Taga SW10 a couple of months back....its nice compact with a rich finish look.....performance is good for movies and music.....closest comparison is Boston Acounstics ASW650....it is much cleaner and louder than that....quite nice for small to medium rooms...for treated large sealed rooms one should suffice.

I did arrange a group deal a while back where I was able to obtain 20% off from stated mrp...at that time hifimart was selling for 5% less...The price includes warranty and shipping.

Taga products seem quite good in terms of performance and value....lot of new brands come in India....ELAC also entered somewhere in 2014 and is not heard of much.....I first relied on YouTube, Reviews, posts etc. then got a chance to audition it.....There are many many brands which are not known or reviewed.....one needs to explore and decide what suits listening and performance expectations....

Audition where possible and decide... 50k odd you can get two taga subs....

Last edited:
Recently some of the FMs have bought this model. You may want to check their feedback.

Taga subs are not yet common like SVS, Velodyne, Wharfedales etc. The specs of SW-10 looks great with impressive frequency response.

They are still in transit.

Hi

I auditioned the Taga SW10 a couple of months back....its nice compact with a rich finish look.....performance is good for movies and music.....closest comparison is Boston Acounstics ASW650....it is much cleaner and louder than that....quite nice for small to medium rooms...for treated large sealed rooms one should suffice.

I did arrange a group deal a while back where I was able to obtain 20% off from stated mrp...at that time hifimart was selling for 5% less...The price includes warranty and shipping.

Taga products seem quite good in terms of performance and value....lot of new brands come in India....ELAC also entered somewhere in 2014 and is not heard of much.....I first relied on YouTube, Reviews, posts etc. then got a chance to audition it.....There are many many brands which are not known or reviewed.....one needs to explore and decide what suits listening and performance expectations....

Audition where possible and decide... 50k odd you can get two taga subs....

Yeah. I decided to go with Velodyne Imapct 12 Mark I or Mark II

Any link to Velodyne's new sub Mark 1 and Mark II ?
Couldn't find anything in Velodyne's website.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back