Need help on connecting a home theatre system

Sabaresh

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a new Sony IV-300 DTH Home theatre system. I already have a Panasonic Blu ray player DMP-BD77 model and Sun Direct HD DTH connection. My TV is Sony Bravia LCD(It has two HDMI outputs).

Requirement:

1)I need to insert a blu ray disc or DVD and hear the surround sound from home theatre

2) I need to hear the surround sound from HD channels from DTH.

Is that possible? Pls guide me guys

Thanks Pramod. But my budget is strictly below 20k. I am also inclined towards features like Bluetooth, NFC, screen mirroring, etc.,

Check the following.

1.Does your TV have HDMI - ARC port
2. Do the STB & BDP have audio out (coaxial or optical output).
3. Is Sun Direct giving Dolby Digital over HDMI.

Once you get the details, you can decide on the connection method.

Hi Sabaresh,
As per Sony india website specs Sony IV-300 DTH Home theatre have following two kind of inputs:
1. HDMI IN: 2 No.
2. Optical Input: 1 No.

Now it depends what all you want to connect your DTH, Blu Ray Player, Gaming Console etc..

As per my knowledge your tv must not be having optical out so your best bet is connecting your STB and Blu Ray player to your home theatre and connecting its hdmi out to your tv.

But if in case yours is a high end LCD then you may have the golden option of connecting your LCD audio out via optical to home theatre and connecting ur dth and Blu Ray player directly to LCD.

There are other options also like hdmi arc but first you need 59 confirm if your led supports same or not.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back