Need Help on Harman Kardon AVR 270 Repair

suveerpatil

Hi,
I bought Harman AVR 270 last year.
audio is working fine but not the Video. there is no output at all. I tried changing the hdmi cables and all other options by upgrading the firmware etc but still its not working. When I contacted the local service center (Sahil International, Bangalore) they said it could be with the HDMI socket issue after few days he said its fixed and said service cost is around Rs6500 but when I asked him to show the demo then the problem was still there. then they took almost 2 months and said its the problem with the HDMI board which they had to be replaced and they have to send it to Mumbai location to get it repaired and the cost they quoted was more than half price of the product i.e. Rs36000.
I'm really disappointed with the product as well as service offered by HARMAN.
I just used it to watch max of 10 movies and it stopped working, the warranty already expired as I started using it after 10 months from the purchase date, since the Home theater was set up recently.
I doubt that the problem is not with the HDMI board as I'm not happy with the service offered by Sahil International.
when I googled it about this found similar problem with other Harman AVRs found this.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/har...ymore.1474981/

I hope I'll get expert advice from this forum. Also let me know if there is any trusted service center in Bangalore.

Note: Audio is working fine.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back