Need help on how to switch between dual voltages in BIC PL-200

ecasper.lk

Hi,

I recently purchased a BIC ACOUSTECH PL-200 subwoofer with the confirmation that this unit can be configured to work with both 110v & 240v on amazon Q&A.

However I'm still struggling to archive above due to lack of information on the web. I tried to contact BIC Acoustech but I haven't received any response to the date.

My curiosity made me opened the back side cover and there seemed to be a jumper. I attached images of the PCB. I'm not sure which way I have to filp the jumper to enable the 240v power supply.

Also I'm not sure whether I totally punk'd based on the false information.

Has anyone ever managed to setup this unit to work with 220-240v?

Any information will be a lifesaver for me!

Attachments

• 20150125_225153.jpg
    20150125_225153.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150125_225036.jpg
    20150125_225036.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20150125_225302.jpg
    20150125_225302.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 110
Hi

As far as I know, the conversion is done officially by Avenue Sound....they are the official distributors and also provide the warranty for the brand

I own BIC V1020 and made the changes myself. I hope changing procedure remains same for all models. I had helped couple of users to change 110 to 220 for F12 subs successfully using same procedure.

I do not have any pics but I am stating down the procedure for same.

Procedure :

Its very Simple.

1.You will have to remove the Control Plate (The Back Plate of the Sub which has all the I/O).

2.Take help of someone who can just hold the plate after removing.

3.Take out all the screws of the Control plate. Remember all the Outer Screws. Do not unscrew inner ones as it might under the Aluminium Heat Sinks inside.

4.Remove the Amplifier from the Cabinet.

5.Now ask someone to hold the plate. Another option is to remove the main wire clips but I found it little tedious. Better ask someone to hold the plate.

6.On the lower right hand side, you will see 4 pairs of Pins. (Pins here are just Pointed Pin)
eg.From Left to Right we will name them as Pair 1, Pair 2, Pair 3 & Pair 4.
By default, Two connectors are placed on Pair 1 and Pair 4 which is for 110V Operation.

7.You have to remove these connectors from Pair 1 and Pair 4 and Put is on Pair 2 and Pair 3. There would be yellow glue attached to the Connectors. Cut it gently with a knife.
You can also see 230V would be mentioned there.

8.Once done, Put the control panel back and screw them.

9.Plug the provided cord, switch on and start enjoying.

I own BIC V1020 and made the changes myself. I hope changing procedure remains same for all models. I had helped couple of users to change 110 to 220 for F12 subs successfully using same procedure.

I do not have any pics but I am stating down the procedure for same.

Procedure :

Its very Simple.

1.You will have to remove the Control Plate (The Back Plate of the Sub which has all the I/O).

2.Take help of someone who can just hold the plate after removing.

3.Take out all the screws of the Control plate. Remember all the Outer Screws. Do not unscrew inner ones as it might under the Aluminium Heat Sinks inside.

4.Remove the Amplifier from the Cabinet.

5.Now ask someone to hold the plate. Another option is to remove the main wire clips but I found it little tedious. Better ask someone to hold the plate.

6.On the lower right hand side, you will see 4 pairs of Pins. (Pins here are just Pointed Pin)
eg.From Left to Right we will name them as Pair 1, Pair 2, Pair 3 & Pair 4.
By default, Two connectors are placed on Pair 1 and Pair 4 which is for 110V Operation.

7.You have to remove these connectors from Pair 1 and Pair 4 and Put is on Pair 2 and Pair 3. There would be yellow glue attached to the Connectors. Cut it gently with a knife.
You can also see 230V would be mentioned there.

8.Once done, Put the control panel back and screw them.

9.Plug the provided cord, switch on and start enjoying.
Yes, its the same way i have done for f12.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

thanx guys.. Procedure was understood to me ..

The biggest problem was locating the jumpers, as they were sealed with some orange gel like coating .
The jumper for PL 200 was located between the 2 Big black capacitors and was hard to locate.
Once located it took me 20 min to remove and re fix the jumpers only because of its tight placement. Had it been placed in a more accessible area its just a 2 minute job.

Hi,

My Pl -200 is working great and its almost like an earthquake at volume at 50% only.
and FYI my room is of a big size almost 800 sqft with listening area of 400 Sqft. In spite of this the sub has been able to impress me.

Some Questions for existing experienced users, Can you please help me configure it & understand the controls behind.

I have the
Crossover button- It says in / out I guess this means if it should use the in built crossover of Crossover of amp. Currently set to OUT

a on/off auto button, This is obvious and kept ' On' when in use

Phase 180-0 button , I guess this is like reversing the Polarity but which is normal 0 or 180? Currently set to 0

and two knobs one for Volume and one from Crossover Frequency. I know about Volume but the Crossover frequency didn't seem to make any difference Both are currently set to the middle. at 12 O clock position.

Kindly guide what each control can help me extract from this sub

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back