Need help setting up Home Theater for Living room.

tibcogeek

Hi Gurus,

I just renovated my living room so thought of ICE'ing it up with good LED TV and nice Hometheater.

LED i have decided to go for Bravia 800/900 series cursed Sony why they discontinued HX/NX series.

Big question is Home theater selection,since most of usage will be for Music/Movies looking for any good alternative which is good for both option.
Budget is under 25k and can strech upto 30k if it really worth that price.

Living area size approx 15*14.
Have Auditioned Sony all series,Phillips but does not like it much,also auditioned Yamaha 296 but did not like it much.

Please advice,
Also let me know any good places in pune where i can do the audition with knoledgeble people.

Thanks,
Reetesh

Hi Gurus,

Recently got chance to audition Yamaha 196/296 but didnt like the SQ,IMHO dont want to offend any Yamaha fans,

Can Anyone please help me with few things?
1) Am planning to audition songs/movie clip,came across from other threads people are using their own clips/songs.
Does mp3 bitrate/codec really matters?

2) Does stereo/3.5 mm to speaker will not produce the kind of 5.1 effect as compared to Optical/HDMI counterparts?

Also,Do Edifier/F&D(Fenda) speakers are good enough?
Am reading alot of good reviews about them.

if you didn't like Yamaha HTIBs 196/296 then you won't like edifiers/fenda/logitech. Further, they are multimedia speakers, supposed to be used with pc/laptop, which sound nice when paired up with good Sound cards.
So you should look into HTIBs or AVR+ Ht speaker package.

Hi Gurus,

Recently got chance to audition Yamaha 196/296 but didnt like the SQ,IMHO dont want to offend any Yamaha fans,

Can Anyone please help me with few things?
1) Am planning to audition songs/movie clip,came across from other threads people are using their own clips/songs.
Does mp3 bitrate/codec really matters?

2) Does stereo/3.5 mm to speaker will not produce the kind of 5.1 effect as compared to Optical/HDMI counterparts?

1. Yes, bitrate matters. Use 320kbps mp3. FLAC is recommended if you are converting your CDs.

2. No, the audio output will be virtual 5.1.

3. Edifier and F&D are good brands, but I suggest you to go for Onkyo because of connectivity options. These 5.1 boxes have only 5.1 analog inputs and no optical/coaxial and hdmi which are very important for HT.

So you should look into HTIBs or AVR+ Ht speaker package.

With a budget of 25-30K, I think he can only go for HTiB.

Initially even I was planning to buy a HTiB with similar range, but somehow this forum convinced me to "go separate" and spend 27K for avr only.:yahoo:

With a budget of 25-30K, I think he can only go for HTiB.

Initially even I was planning to buy a HTiB with similar range, but somehow this forum convinced me to "go separate" and spend 27K for avr only.:yahoo:
oops, my mistake. he needs to up his budget, sure. at least 45k. but it will be a better spending.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back