Need Help - strange sound in surround speakers HTS 3400

sapphire903

Friends

I bought Onkyo 3400 last year, since last 3-4 months, I am hearing strange sound randomly (I believe its produced at very low frequency) in either or both of the rear surround speakers.

Sometimes it sounds like the speaker is rattling (mostly the left rear) or the screeching/crackling sound (right rear).

I called Onkyo Service Center and the technician made me change the default setting for BASS, TREBLE etc also the crossover frequency. This sound is still produced randomly and I am yet to call the service center, which I will do.

My question is more to ask if I can not change the BASS and TREBLE settings at will, then what is the point ? I may not like the persistent rumbling and can not keep the BASS at the level the service center guy is persisting to.

This happens when I am watching in Neo 6 or PLII mode, need to try with TD or other modes.

Any pointers on how to resolve such problems, or links to online guide will be appreciated.

Regards
Gurudatt

Friends

I bought Onkyo 3400 last year, since last 3-4 months, I am hearing strange sound randomly (I believe its produced at very low frequency) in either or both of the rear surround speakers.

Sometimes it sounds like the speaker is rattling (mostly the left rear) or the screeching/crackling sound (right rear).

I called Onkyo Service Center and the technician made me change the default setting for BASS, TREBLE etc also the crossover frequency. This sound is still produced randomly and I am yet to call the service center, which I will do.

My question is more to ask if I can not change the BASS and TREBLE settings at will, then what is the point ? I may not like the persistent rumbling and can not keep the BASS at the level the service center guy is persisting to.

This happens when I am watching in Neo 6 or PLII mode, need to try with TD or other modes.

Any pointers on how to resolve such problems, or links to online guide will be appreciated.

Regards
Gurudatt

Try to reset the system.........run audessey setup and then ensure all speakers are set to SMALL with crossover freq set at 80Hz. Give that a shot....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back