Need help & suggestions(amp & spkr)

machone

Hello everyone,i really need some suggestions regarding selection of speakers(Floor St.) & Amp which are compatible with each other.

1.My tv room is approx 500 sqft area.I need Good clarity with punch.
2.Budget is max 1lac for speakers & amp.

I'm new to mid/hi-end audio,so please let me know your suggestions,and also please suggest stores in mumbai/kolkata to buy from.

Thanks in advance!:)

That is a huge room. I hope it is well furnished. Without furniture/carpet, many speakers are likely to sound boomy + lot of echo. This happens especially if opposing surfaces of th room are bare. What is going to be the distance between speakers and listening position? This parameter is more improtant than the room dimesnion in general. What is going to be the source? What kind of music do you listen to? Are you open to used gear or are you looking strictly for new gear? Any brand preference?These are the general questions the forum members will ask before giving suggestions. Out of that 1 lac, I would spend 60k on speakers, 35k on amplifier (with power of about 60-80watts/channel) and 5k on cables/interconnects.

What is your listening preference? What type of music do you listen to in general?
And I more thing, have you auditioned any system till now? Or liked any?

PS: I didn't see the Jaudere's post so there are some repetitive questions from us. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys....im sorry,forgot to give more details.
1.I listen to metal,trance,country music & ghazals
2.Approx viewing distance should be 10-12ft( exact distance i cannot give since i'm furnishing the room still)
3.Lastly to answer your questions,yes the room will be quiet packed,since i don't want those echos.And I'm open to new gears only.
4.No preference of brands yet,i just want to know from you guys what should be better for me & then i will go for audition in mumbai & kolkata,where ever possible.

Thanks Again!

In amplifier, my favourite is Marantz. Marantz 7004 should be suffice for you. I don't know the price but likely to be 50k+. Another Contender would be NAD C356. Harman Kardon 3490 is another favourite for me. Have you finalized that you will be buying floor standers only? If yes, then Wharfdale 9.5/mission M35i for Maratnz, PSB towers for NAD. JBL ES80 for Harman Kardon 3490. Yamaha AS 1000 couls be another option to go for with mission M35i.

that is a really huge room. A pair of floor standing speakers is what you need.

I suggest you explore speakers like PSB Image T6 & Dali Icon 6. Both are really good. I have the PSB, Dali is equally good.
You might need to up your budget a little. Since this is a one time buy, don't compromise on the front speakers.

Also, choose your speakers first. Then the amp. Some speakers require more power than some other speakers. You just need to pair speakers with the right amp, which has the juice in it to drive the speakers. Anything with higher capacity is great.

I would love to listen to one of these speakers in such a big sized room. :)

Last edited:
Metal, Trance - Klipsch RF-62 if you can extend RF-82 paired with a Marantz 7004 /Yamaha AS 700 / NAD 356
Big sound with enough punch to fill your room
Due to Klipsch high sensitivity. you will not need a lot of power to drive them to insane levels.

However my Actual take would be

Audition all the speakers mentioned in the posts above and then narrow down on the basis of your preferences

Thanks i will try out all those suggestions,depending upon experience i don't mind scaling up my budget a bit.

Just another question to add,my friend has about 300-350sqft of hall which he wants to convert it to a home theater.So i would request if you guys can give some compatible suggestions of AV receivers+ speakers(or speaker packages).He is 50-50 into music & movies.Budget is 1.5lacs.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back