Need help to buy Processor

srinivas1015

According to PowerDVD's requirements, this is what I need to use TrueTheater for blu-rays :

TrueTheater HD and TrueTheater 3D for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6 or above

I currently have an AMD Athlon X2 2.7Ghz Processor which means I have an AM2 or AM3 socket on my motherboard. (This means I can't buy an Intel processor, right?) Which is the cheapest processor that can get the job done? I need help as I have no idea when it comes to processors.

what is your plan...blu ray playback??
whats your mobo??
imo am additional graphics card is also needed..

imho...if you comp is okay..leave it..upgarding will be costlier..get a asus media player instead..works flawlessly..3.6k...only..

what is your plan...blu ray playback??
whats your mobo??
imo am additional graphics card is also needed..

imho...if you comp is okay..leave it..upgarding will be costlier..get a asus media player instead..works flawlessly..3.6k...only..

This is my current rig :

Nvidia GTX460
AMD Athlon X2 2.7GHz Dual Core processor
8GB DDR2 Ram
LG Blu-ray Drive

I can play blu-rays and 3D blu-rays very well. That's not the issue. PowerDVD 13 has this new feature called TrueTheater HD which slightly increases the quality of HD content. I tried it on several HD trailers from apple.com and the difference was stunning on my 150inch screen. But to use this post processing feature on blu-rays, the site says I need processors described in the first post.

How much does an AMD X6 processor cost in India and will it fit on AM2 or AM3 socket?

I got an assembled PC with i5 processor (4 core), some 2 years ago. I do not remember exactly, but I think that the processor cost was something like Rs. 15,000.

According to PowerDVD's requirements, this is what I need to use TrueTheater for blu-rays :

TrueTheater HD and TrueTheater 3D for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6 or above

I currently have an AMD Athlon X2 2.7Ghz Processor which means I have an AM2 or AM3 socket on my motherboard. (This means I can't buy an Intel processor, right?) Which is the cheapest processor that can get the job done? I need help as I have no idea when it comes to processors.

The only upgradation path for you is PhenomII series ( AM3). The FX series is AM3+ socket. But I doubt the availability of Phenom. There were some online news ( Not sure though ) that PhenomII was discountinued after the FX processor released.

If you are going for the new motherboard Please check the Trinity ( or to be released Richland ) APU ( FM2 socket ).

Thanks,
Sunil

I just found out the model number of the motherboard. It's an Asus M3N78-EM .
Going by the this list it supports almost every AMD processor including the Phenom II X6 as it has an AM2 / AM2+ slot.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- CPU Support M3N78-EM

I'm looking for advice on which CPU to get though and I don't really know which processor speed to choose either. I currently have DDR2 8GB RAM and an Nvidia GTX-460.
I'm not going to use the computer for gaming, only for playing blu-rays and applying TrueTheater enhancements.

Processor requirements for TrueTheater are given at the bottom :
PowerDVD 13 Ultra - Spec | CyberLink

I'm not sure which processor speed to choose also.

Thanks a lot for all of your help so far.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back