Need help to choose between Tannoy and Jamo

devstation18

Hi All

I am just taking baby steps in a proper home theater , heard these two floor standers Tannoy Mercury V4i and Jamo S 626 ,would request friends from the forum to please help in choosing between these two .
Appreciate if you also share your own experience with these speakers .
Personally I liked the balance of the tannoy speakers .. since I am a novice in these field request your suggestions.
Suggestion on other brands are also welcome

Thanks

Hi All

I am just taking baby steps in a proper home theater , heard these two floor standers Tannoy Mercury V4i and Jamo S 626 ,would request friends from the forum to please help in choosing between these two .
Appreciate if you also share your own experience with these speakers .
Personally I liked the balance of the tannoy speakers .. since I am a novice in these field request your suggestions.
Suggestion on other brands are also welcome

Thanks

as per reviews available on the net...tannoy is any day better than Jamo.

cheers
dheeraj

I have listened to the Tannoy v4i speakers, and also a wide range of Jamos. I also own a pair of Tannoy FS speakers. I would pick the Tannoys anyday, they are definitely more musical. But not very powerful in the bass department. The Jamo S 626 should give you a stronger bass response, but imho will not be as refined as the Tannoys.

So plan based on what kind of an overall setup you want eventually. And how much of music vs Action Movies you will be using your speakers for.

You can also consider the Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 as another option. There are ofcourse numerous other brands in the <50k price point.

Thanks to all

Thanks to Acuity for the detailed analysis ,
As per query my usage will be 60 pct Music 40 pct movies.
So need to zero in on something tht will serve both purpose .
Right now focussing on getting the AV revceiver and the two main front speakers .Plan to build the entire system step by step based around these two .

As for the AV receivers considering Denon and pioneers will thse be OK ???
Thanks in advance on suggestions

As for the AV receivers considering Denon and pioneers will thse be OK ???
Thanks in advance on suggestions
for music+ movies..i would suggest go for Marantz AVRs..which will serve your purpose on both fronts..try searching marantz AVRs in HFV..you will get the answer..

cheers

dheeraj

haven't heard jamo you mentioned but the tannoy mercury I have with a marantz stereo receiver

where I took the demo, they had connected marantz with yamaha 555 & Tannoy v4i

the guy played the yamaha speakers first and while listening he switched the speakers to tannoy and man it sounded like the hall i was in got 3-4 times bigger suddenly and the clarity was amazing but no bass at all

so if planning tannoy your gonna need a good sub for sure

another good speakers in same category i heard was mordaunt short mezzo 6
and it was a performer overall. highs mids & lows all were great. It has good bass and clear

every one is vouching for marantz receivers

someone told me that the sr5008 would be better than NR1504 for power and future upgrade

for music+ movies..i would suggest go for Marantz AVRs..which will serve your purpose on both fronts..try searching marantz AVRs in HFV..you will get the answer..

cheers

dheeraj

Hi Mr dheeraj

Thanks so much for your suggestion, as a matter of fact I also had first marantz in mind and had decided on NR 1504 ... but sadly they have got no aftersales service in Delhi/NCR which made to change the option .

Dev

Tannoy will be better,still if you have other options,listen to Dali zensor series.IMO better than Tannoy.

Spiro

Thanks I had personally heard the Dali Zensor 1 earlier and was blown away , Strangly unable to find any Dali dealers in Delhi .Can you suggest any ...need to finalise by July end ,so definitely more options will be welcome .

Thanks

Dev

Hi Mr dheeraj

Thanks so much for your suggestion, as a matter of fact I also had first marantz in mind and had decided on NR 1504 ... but sadly they have got no aftersales service in Delhi/NCR which made to change the option .

Dev

May be you talk to this dealer..about after sales service..
SOUND BY DESIGN (Gurgaon, Delhi NCR) : Luxury Home Theaters, Speakers, Amplifiers etc & other HiFi Stereo Sytems & Components.
(m) 9599821821 , 9899052513 (e) [email protected]

I found one-

TOP GIZMO No. B-109, 1st floor, sector 18 Noida
201301 Delhi +91 9849036080

also
Sound by Design Plot No. 501, Sector 22A (Near Sector 22A market), Sector 22
122017 Gurgaon +91 9599821821

Dheerajin ,Spiro ,Asterixgaul.

Thanks so much , for the service and Dali queries , now have this weekend full , will do the audition for Dali Zensors in Top Gizmo and MS Mezzo 6 at Pro FX also will Visit Lakozy Lajpat Nagar for PSB ,to Dheerajin since you are using PSB any idea whichPSB model in 50 K price rge .
Also will give a shot Q Acoustics 2050 ,need to find the dealer.

Regarding Marantz will be in touch with Sound by design .

Will share the update after audition

Thanks so much .

Devstation

planning similar set up all the best
if you'll be going to gurgaon, i read on forum that... bass n treble is on mg road & sound lounge... so you can get some demos on the way

@dheerajin ... the marantz guy you mentioned is in metropolitan mall? where other mutli brand & a yamaha exclusive showroom is?

does anyone know arcam rotel nad dealers in delhi
also dali in delhi not noida

thanks in advance

planning similar set up all the best
if you'll be going to gurgaon, i read on forum that... bass n treble is on mg road & sound lounge... so you can get some demos on the way

@dheerajin ... the marantz guy you mentioned is in metropolitan mall? where other mutli brand & a yamaha exclusive showroom is?

does anyone know arcam rotel nad dealers in delhi
also dali in delhi not noida

thanks in advance

Hi Falcon

Thanks for the suggestion, have already been in these two actually Bass m treble suggseted Polks which were good but not taht detailed like Tannoys which we heard at Sound Lounge suggested.
Still can check with bass n teble regarding Monitor audio.

devstation

@devstation18 i really liked the tannoys but the bass was lacking so i listened to mordaunt short mezzo 6 & 8 and they are all rounders very clear

but im learning everyday listening that in bass its quality over quantity

so might have to look for a good sub too lets c

well all the best for your auditioning:thumbsup:

let me know if you listen to any monitors or wharfs

my focus is music and i like clarity but warm sound at same time
mezzo 6/8 is wot i liked in that regard most so far
need to listen to dali wharf monitor to have a better idea of what I like:confused:

@devstation18

I am also in same boat as you...I did the auditions last month for Dali / Tannoy / Wharf, but had to put on hold the purchase due to other engagements.
I was more in favour of Dali Zensor7 after reading great reviews, but the auditions didn't leave an impression, I was thinking of exploring Tannoy V4i / DC6 in more details, but thats still in TBD list.

I have PM'ed you my number. You can contact me for more details.

Bye

Dheerajin ,Spiro ,Asterixgaul.

Thanks so much , for the service and Dali queries , now have this weekend full , will do the audition for Dali Zensors in Top Gizmo and MS Mezzo 6 at Pro FX also will Visit Lakozy Lajpat Nagar for PSB ,to Dheerajin since you are using PSB any idea whichPSB model in 50 K price rge .
Also will give a shot Q Acoustics 2050 ,need to find the dealer.

Regarding Marantz will be in touch with Sound by design .

Will share the update after audition

Thanks so much .

Devstation

PSB Image series..my suggestion would be to go for PSB only for front and center speaker..rest of the speaker you can buy from any brand you like...

cheers

Dheeraj

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back