need help to choose LED TV

praveenpc

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Need help to choose between
Sony KLV-46R452A / LG 47LN5400 / Samsung UA46F5100AR
all three are basic LED models, still confused with what model to chose upon,
also will it be good to go for smart TV option looking for firmware upgrade feature.

Above three models are just fitting to my budget and need. If there are any model in same range that also

thanks,
Praveen

Hi,
The models you mentioned are the base models and they deliver an average performance all through. At this price point there are lots of options available depending on the size you choose.
You can get 42 inch versions of Sony w650, samsung f6400 and panasonic e6d. Besides you can also get hold of 50inch toshiba 2300 cricket series and samsung plasma f4900. All the above models I mentioned have got good reviews from forum members. If you can stretch your budget further by 10k you can get the much talked about models of the year - sony 40w900 and samsung plasma f5500. So decide carefully before taking a call

Dear Surjya,
thanks for the suggestions. I actually got more confused now :sad:
I went to croma and checked few smart and LED models as well (which were not in my initial thoughts)
I actually planned to change to 42 inch LG 6200 (little extra as per my budget) but got some good reviews and is smart+3d.
Also option is LG 6130 3d but not smart.

checking in showroom all this range models look good :licklips: (some positive here and there)

thanks,
Praveen

Dear Surjya,
thanks for the suggestions. I actually got more confused now :sad:
I went to croma and checked few smart and LED models as well (which were not in my initial thoughts)
I actually planned to change to 42 inch LG 6200 (little extra as per my budget) but got some good reviews and is smart+3d.
Also option is LG 6130 3d but not smart.

checking in showroom all this range models look good :licklips: (some positive here and there)

thanks,
Praveen

I don't know how often you will use the smart features on a TV. In my opinion it is not worth shelling out pennies for features that you will be bored off sooner than later.
If 3D is your priority LG is definitely the winner with it passive 3D and IPS panel. However 3D content is very expensive, huge and not that accurate yet. Moreover almost 90 percent of the materials available today are 2D only.
So for 3D choose LG and for anything else choose SONY/SAMSUNG or Panasonic

thanks surjya for your inputs.

Shortlisted two models as per budget:

LG 42LA6130 (Basic 3D)
LG 42LA6200 3D with smart. (preferred)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back