Need help with cables for my first stereo system

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hi All

I'm a newbie to the hi-fi stereo space. This forum has been a great help to me in finalizing my first set up.I have ordered a Wharfedale 225 bookshelf ,a Marantz PM5005 , and the Pioneer BDP-180 Blu Ray player as source.

I would like to know what are the different cables I need to buy , price etc.I do not have any extravagant budget for this - max I can shell out is 1.5K - 2 K.

Thanks in advance

You need speaker cables and Interconnects between your Pioneer and Marantz. For Rs 2000 budget for both of these cables buy MX cables , they are great for the price they come. Look for Speaker cables with high quality copper with 14/16AWG or lower.

MX is really great quality. I used their cables to hook up my bose to my amp. I went to their head office at Andheri West. The owner himself helped me with all my requirements. They even made the custom length cables with the appropriate jacks as per my specifications. Apart from cables I picked up step down transformers as my amp and speakers are 110V.

I Second MX Speaker Cable and Interconnects as Well They well suit for entry and budget system. Interconnect would be around Rs 250 1M and Speaker cables would be 500 for 15 M , Which I got.

All the Best, You could check the ebay for cables, Best.

Do I need to purchase any jacks ?

If you can get Banana plugs from MX for speaker cables , they will prevent oxidization of bare copper wires and retain the sound quality over the years. Go to Sreeji in Chandni market to get your MX cables and Speaker Cables. The MX distributor is also present next to Sabir Hotel in Chandni itself.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...-lll8KGik3OJ9usLy4m-jQ&bvm=bv.125221236,d.c2I

Theres a guy here in Kolkata who does excellent termination with sleeves , if you want I can PM you his number.

Last edited:
If you can get Banana plugs from MX for speaker cables , they will prevent oxidization of bare copper wires and retain the sound quality over the years. Go to Sreeji in Chandni market to get your MX cables and Speaker Cables. The MX distributor is also present next to Sabir Hotel in Chandni itself.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...-lll8KGik3OJ9usLy4m-jQ&bvm=bv.125221236,d.c2I

Theres a guy here in Kolkata who does excellent termination with sleeves , if you want I can PM you his number.
-----------------------------------------
For the benefit of other FMs in Kolkata, why don't you put the number on your next post?

you can buy finolex 2.5sq mm electrical cable for your speakers as well. about 40-45 rs per mt. works just as well

Re: Speaker Cables in B'lore?

I Second MX Speaker Cable and Interconnects as Well They well suit for entry and budget system. Interconnect would be around Rs 250 1M and Speaker cables would be 500 for 15 M , Which I got.

All the Best, You could check the ebay for cables, Best.

Could you please let me know, where in B'lore we can get these MX cables. I am based out of JP Nagar, and would prefer any place around the same.

I have bought Pioneer BS22 BSs and would be connecting it to an Digital Amp.

Please advise!

For speaker cables visit profx (profx.com) in Barton Center, M G Road. Buy their entry level cables. Good quality. You can check details in their website profx.com. They also will have interconnect but would be little expensive

Re: Speaker Cables in B'lore?

Could you please let me know, where in B'lore we can get these MX cables. I am based out of JP Nagar, and would prefer any place around the same.

I have bought Pioneer BS22 BSs and would be connecting it to an Digital Amp.

Please advise!

For speaker cables you can visit Modern World, Domlur. I have been using their cables and quite happy with them.

MaSh

Trust me Amazon Basics will do the job in efficient manner. Unless you are going above 35ft.
Also wire guage determines the resistance the current endures during the flow. Lower the guage lesser the resistance.
Do think and research before buying cables, cheaper from a good brand like Kasper or Amazon basics will do just. But going for a higher end of AV separates, then worry about cables and other parameters.

I hope I have given you an update on the topic. Have any doubts please do pm me. If I know I will explain.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back