Need help with choosing HT

albertpaulp

Hi,

I was looking forward to setup a home theatre setup in my new flat, I do have a Samsung 50 inch 3D tv. I'm looking to buy a HT to support it.

• I wanted to use it for everyday music experiance but I'm not a perfect audiophile.
  • I don't play music very loudly, I do enjoy crystal, subtle bass.
  • I want to watch 1080 HD movies(only because TV doesn't support 4K) with 5.1 audio with max immersive experiance my budget can buy.
  • Finally I want my HT/AV setup to have wireless connectivity as I wanted to simply play music with my mobile.
Budget 20K to 25K max.

I'm a complete newb in to HT setups, I've done some research lately, and selected one HT/AV product but I wanted to take second opinions from you guys.

Products I've come across

Sony HT IV-300 (Impressions, please help with verifying)
  1. 2 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI arc, Bluetooth and NFC, I guess this product gives out most connectivity options for my budget.
  2. Support most of Dolby and DTS formats(Except things like Atmos and all, which obviously is out of my budget)
  3. I've heard some people saying bass is overwhelming, not sure if this will be a problem in Gentle to Mid volume range.
Yamaha 1840

My initial search was pretty much limited to Sony as it's the most common AV producer for newbie Indian consumers, as soon as I came to this forum, I can see there are a lot of Yamaha enthusiasists, even though Yamaha 1840 exeeds my budget by 5K if this product is that worth I may consider it.
  1. I've heard people saying 1840 has much better audio clarity than iv-300, is that true ? Is the diffrence that noticeble comparing to iv-300 ?
  2. 1840 doesn't have much connectivity options like Blutooth, NFT let alone USB.
It'll be very great if you can help me with selecting the best product my money can buy, thanks in advance.

With this budget, look for HTiB likes the one from Samsung or Sony. Samsung will give you much better connectivity like bluetooth and wifi with smart features within your budget.

Hi

With the budgte you have..you can only get HTiBs (Philips / LG / Samsung / Sony/etc) which would have limited features depending on model to model etc....

The Yamaha you seen is the entry level system and the cost goes up gradually based on your connectivity requirements, power output and other features.....

I would suggest you read the "What Should I buy" and "Home Theatre" posts to get a better idea...also refer to Owner threads of Yamaha or Pioneer or Marantz etc to get an idea and feedback from actual users of these brands....this will help and influence decision making...

If budget is low, some would go for a sound bar....you will not get true 5.1 surround experience.....you can audition and decide if you wish to....

If budget is limited, you may be better off buying preowned systems which keep coming up over OLX or Hifiads.com or For Sale by Owner in this site.

All the best

Budget 20K to 25K max.

If you are fine with used AVR, you can find a 5.1 AVR with network functionality (Ethernet port) for 10 ~ 12K.. These AVR will have DTS HD / Dolby THD decoding, 5.1 capability.. Try sourcing from FM here..

For the remaining budget, you can look at a pair of BS and a center speaker.. So you have 3.0 set-up, which will keep you happy for both movies & music..

When you have enough budget, you can add the missing components..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back