Need Help with FS choice

kane

Hello Everyone,

I have been wanting to upgrade the FS at my place for a while now, I currently have the Paradigm 7 v6.

Currently can power them with a Marantz SR6006, or marantz PM 6006, or Denon x3300 ( a power amp at the end of the year is on my buy list though)

I have the following in mind as i have been offered the same.
1. Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6/8
2. Q Acoustic concept 40
3. Dali Zensor 7
4. Goldenear triton 3

My room measures 24 feet ( length) x 12 feet (width) 12 x8 ( dining area) as the living room is L shaped. The speakers will be kept facing the length of the room ( 24 feet)

I mostly listen to music ( Ipod source, Allo RPI3, Kali Piano 2.1, Amazon Music, you tube) with the occasional movies on netflix, amazon via fire tv stick or android box

I like the sound signature of the dali as well as of the q acoustics. Though the paradigms are nice but after hearing the others i feel the allo setup could do with more revealing speakers.

Music is a mix of all genres, except metal.

any pointers much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Hi kane. Do you feel any of the others will be an "upgrade" to the existing paradigm's you have?Maybe look at other options that are not in the same league?

Hi kane. Do you feel any of the others will be an "upgrade" to the existing paradigm's you have?Maybe look at other options that are not in the same league?

hello my friend,

The Q accoustics did sound better compared to the paradigms i have with the same stereo amp.
so whats the next league ? i have a self imposed barrier of 60k beyond which i will not spend be it new or pre-owned

Have you check Goldenear Triton 3/5. They are highly rated and recommended speakers universally and currently under huge discount offer. Please check what hifi show 2018 thread and let us know.

Have you check Goldenear Triton 3/5. They are highly rated and recommended speakers universally and currently under huge discount offer. Please check what hifi show 2018 thread and let us know.

Any idea for its availability in Bangalore?

hello my friend,

The Q accoustics did sound better compared to the paradigms i have with the same stereo amp.
so whats the next league ? i have a self imposed barrier of 60k beyond which i will not spend be it new or pre-owned
I have heard the q acoustics and think they are awesome. Not heard the golden ears. Just feel an upgrade should be substantial from the existing speakers. If you got the time, maybe try speakers designed by the DIY guys, Hari iyer, sadik come to mind. No hurt testing speakers that are not main stream. Just a suggestion.

Hello Everyone,

I have been wanting to upgrade the FS at my place for a while now, I currently have the Paradigm 7 v6.

Currently can power them with a Marantz SR6006, or marantz PM 6006, or Denon x3300 ( a power amp at the end of the year is on my buy list though)

I have the following in mind as i have been offered the same.
1. Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6/8
2. Q Acoustic concept 40
3. Dali Zensor 7
4. Goldenear triton 3

My room measures 24 feet ( length) x 12 feet (width) 12 x8 ( dining area) as the living room is L shaped. The speakers will be kept facing the length of the room ( 24 feet)

I mostly listen to music ( Ipod source, Allo RPI3, Kali Piano 2.1, Amazon Music, you tube) with the occasional movies on netflix, amazon via fire tv stick or android box

I like the sound signature of the dali as well as of the q acoustics. Though the paradigms are nice but after hearing the others i feel the allo setup could do with more revealing speakers.

Music is a mix of all genres, except metal.

any pointers much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
I would recommend Dali especially if you are planning to pair it with marantz. They are excellent for music and you already like the signature of it.

well i did do a few experimentations and changed the Speaker cables, the power distribution box and it seems to have gotten much better now.

Which has led me to believe that probably i am just bored with this and its time to change the setup entirely.

Ill be demoing the Mordaunt and possibly the dali zenzors 7 next week ( will let you know how it goes. if i like either i will put up the paradigms on sale.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back