Need help with HT system.. JBL Cinema 500 vs Klipsch HD 500 and more..

1C3M4Nz

Hi all,

After going through a lot of posts and seeing the quality of replies and suggestions i decided to become a member and ask my query as well. I am from Bangalore and a beginner here so go easy on me. Here goes. Might be a long one so bear with me.

I am assembling a entry level home theatre with decent quality for music(30%) movies(30%) and gaming(40%). I cannot spend more than 40k on speakers right now as i still need to get an AVR in the same 30-40k range. Still not decided on the AVR so need help. I need an AVR preferably 7.1 as i want to expand later on. I would definitely need 3D and ARC features with all the latest codec support (TruHD,DTSHD,Pro Logic IIz) plus HDMI upscaling(or upconversion at the very least). AirPlay, multi zone playback(zone 2 etc) and other features are not a dealbreaker for me.

My shortlist is

1. Denon 1712 (couldn't find it yet,but would be perfect i guess)
2. Denon 1612 (quoted at 30k, would it be a good choice in case i dont find the 1712?)
3. Yamaha RX v571. (35k - best for my budget.)
4. Denon 1912 (45k - will get it if it is really that good)
5. Pioneer VSX-1021k (49k. is it better to go for the Pioneer VSX-921k at 43k?)
6. Onkyo tx-nr609/709 (not sure about the prices in Bangalore)

But as far as speakers are concerned i have a problem of space too. The klipsch HD 500/ JBL cinema 500/Energy systems are of the ideal size for my room. So it has to be a 5.1 speaker system of small size. Going forward i might add 2 more when and if i move into a bigger room. So after extensive research i found out all the brands that are available in Bangalore and narrowed the speaker system within my budget. Floorstanders and bigger speakers than the ones mentioned above is a no go cause of my small room

Here's my shortlist :
1. Energy Take/RC-micro (costs me 37k on order from eBay or Amazon. No where to be found anywhere in Bangalore will order if its better than other speaker systems in the same price range)
2. JBL Cinema 500 (30k.. not many reviews to be found so would appreciate any input.)
3. Klipsch HD 500 (not sure.)
4. Paradigm Cinema CT90 (45k.. out of budget but may consider if it is very good, maybe CT110 too)
5. Polk Blackstone TL1600 (35-40k)

Any other suggestions considering the budget and size would also be greatly appreciated. I seem to get carried away seeing the "best _ reviews" but ideally do not want to spend more than 70-80k. Energy Take Classic/Micro with a Denon AVR 2112/1912 was an ideal choice in the beginning. But now i am totally confused.

Lastly, is an Onkyo, Yamaha or Denon HTiB(high end of the same budget) a better(or comparable) option to the mix and match combo of the above ??

Yay i am done Sorry for the long one but choosing my first HT is turning out to be a very hard task.

Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back