Need Help with Kenwood KRF-V7050D AV receiver

vinclement

Hello All,

I am Vinoth from Chennai. I need your help in understanding some of the points below. Please clarify.

I am planning to purchase my friend's Kenwood KRF-V7050D AV receiver to use at my home.

I have got the below,

1. Samsung LED TV which has got Aux and HDMI ports.

2. Amkette HD media player with HDMI and with one Optical port.

3. Airtel DTH box with HDMI & Optical Port.

4. I am yet to buy a 5.1 speaker.

The AV receiver has got Aux, two optical ports and other red white as shown below.

http://www.hifidatabase.com/static/gallery/1/5851-ken_KRF-V7050Db.jpg

Questions:

1. How should I connect all these devices to the receiver so that I get 5.1 surround sound?

2. Can we connect both Auz and optical cables in a receiver? Will it work?

Below is the way I am thinking. Please advise.

- Connect TV with Receiver via Aux cable.

- Connect HD media player with Receiver via optical cable.

- Connect Airtel DTH HD box with Receiver via optical cable.

- Connect Receiver to 5.1 speakers.

Awaiting your valuable responses.

Regards,
Vinoth V

Hello All,

One more question on top of the above ones.

3. Currently, the HD media player, DTH box have been directly connected to the TV using HDMI cable. So, if I just connect TV with the receiver using Aux, will I be able to get the 5.1 output?

Kenwood_KRF-V7050D_4274.php

1. Samsung LED TV which has got Aux and HDMI ports.

TV should also have Optical out..

Questions:

1. How should I connect all these devices to the receiver so that I get 5.1 surround sound?

If your TV has optical out, best would be to run all the devices to TV thru HDMI, take optical out from TV and connect it to AVR.. Also make sure you set output to "RAW" in sound options in your TV menu..

2. Can we connect both Auz and optical cables in a receiver? Will it work?

Yes.. You can connect both.. But you will not get 5.1 out thru Aux.. Optical would be best to receive up-to 7.1

Hello Elangoas,

Thank You so much for your response.

I don't have an optical port on my TV. In this case, what are the options I have got to get 5.1 out of TV? Any convertor or similar?

Currently, the HD media player, DTH box have been directly connected to the TV using HDMI cable. So, if I just connect TV with the receiver using Aux, I understand now that with Aux I won't be able to get 5.1.

Regads,
Vinoth V

Hi,

One more questions is - My TV has two HDMI ports HDMI IN 1 (STB/PC/DVD) & HDMI IN 2 (ARC). If I buy a receiver with HDMI ports, can I connect the HD player and STB to the receiver and then make one connection via HDMI from TV to the receiver. Will I get 5.1 output in this way?

Sorry If my understanding is wrong.

If I were you, I would look for a better receiver which offers direct HDMI connectivity.

Anyhow, in the current set of components, connect the HDMI from Airtel box and media player to TV (I am sure your TV will have atleast 2 HDMI inputs) and the optical outputs to the Kenwood AVR. This way you can get full 5.1 output from both sources.
You can mute the TV audio.

What model Samsung TV is it?

Hi Kannan,

Yes, the TV has two HDMI inputs. The model number of the TV is SAMSUNG UA43k5300ARMXL / UA43k5300AR.

You will miss out the latest codecs. So a buy of such a receiver is not recommended unless extremely cheap and to be used as a stop gap.

Hi Vinod,

I agree with you. But, I am not in a position to spend a lot on the AV at this point as I am the only one towards effective music at home. So, I am planning to take this AV for 5K from my friend.

I watch 5.1 downloaded movies on TV. With the inbuilt speaker, I am unable to get the speech out of it clearly even if I increase the volume to 70+. That's the main reason for me going for an AV.

Your TV has no digital outputs.

So the best solution is to use the two TV HDMI inputs for connecting to the media player and the airtel stb.
The optical outputs from media player and STB can be connected to the AVR for best 5.1 sound quality.

When watching 5.1 content use AVR and mute TV audio.

Hi Vinod,

I agree with you. But, I am not in a position to spend a lot on the AV at this point as I am the only one towards effective music at home. So, I am planning to take this AV for 5K from my friend.

I watch 5.1 downloaded movies on TV. With the inbuilt speaker, I am unable to get the speech out of it clearly even if I increase the volume to 70+. That's the main reason for me going for an AV.

My take is that Rs 5000 is also a good amount. Why not save up and buy something more contemporary?

Your other equipment seem up to scrap and it is possible that this Kenwood will hold you back.

Miss matches, lack of connectivity with no HDMI etc is a bug bear once you have bought it.

My recommend, save up and buy something more up to date.

My take is that Rs 5000 is also a good amount. Why not save up and buy something more contemporary?

Your other equipment seem up to scrap and it is possible that this Kenwood will hold you back.

Miss matches, lack of connectivity with no HDMI etc is a bug bear once you have bought it.

My recommend, save up and buy something more up to date.

Thank you so much for your kind suggestion, Vinod. I will think about it.

Hello Elangoas,

Thank You so much for your response.

I don't have an optical port on my TV. In this case, what are the options I have got to get 5.1 out of TV? Any convertor or similar?

Currently, the HD media player, DTH box have been directly connected to the TV using HDMI cable. So, if I just connect TV with the receiver using Aux, I understand now that with Aux I won't be able to get 5.1.

Regads,
Vinoth V

If your tv doesn't have optical out, better to connect media player and dth directly to AVR thru optical..

5K is a good price for an old avr.. Keep the avr for now, spend on speakers to complete 5.1 and then upgrade your AVR finally..

Thank you Elangoas.

I am yet to buy a speaker. Due to the budget constraint, I am thinking of buying a normal 5.1 speakers for now.

Is it possible to connect a 5.1 multimedia speaker to a AV receiver ?

Thank you Elangoas.

I am yet to buy a speaker. Due to the budget constraint, I am thinking of buying a normal 5.1 speakers for now.

Is it possible to connect a 5.1 multimedia speaker to a AV receiver ?
Don't think multimedia speakers would be compatible.. There is always a speaker for any budget..what is your max budget?

Hi Vinoth,

Have the similar version of the Kenwood series but the 80 x 5 watts version for many many years now and have enjoyed the 5.1 connecting via the TV digital out. The tatasky digitial out is also connected but have hardly had to use it at all.

The challenge came only when I had to view movies which my TV was not able to decode from Blueray or usb... So then I ended up using my macmini as a player and the digital out of this was used effectively.

hope this helps...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back