Need help with LCD display resolution.

dondor

Hi guys!
I need some assistance in setting up the display/resolution for my LCD.

I had recently got a 42" Panasonic LCD (Model: TH-L42E6D) which I'm using together with my HP laptop (Model: HP Pavilion 15 - u018TU running Windows 8.1 64 bit. Display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000).

I'm using an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to the LCD. It works and detects fine but the display on the TV is cropped from all sides and I don't get the full picture. I tried contacting tech support and neither HP nor Panasonic was helpful! I tried the different display settings on both the laptop and LCD as well - to no avail.

I have attached two files here: one showing the display screen of the laptop (IMG_0066) and one of the TV (IMG_0065). Notice the corners of the display.

Looking forward to your replies!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 44
Check resolution of HDMI of your lap output
it should be 1920 x 1080 ( 1080 P

if it is more tyry to set and then check

Hi guys!
I need some assistance in setting up the display/resolution for my LCD.

I had recently got a 42" Panasonic LCD (Model: TH-L42E6D) which I'm using together with my HP laptop (Model: HP Pavilion 15 - u018TU running Windows 8.1 64 bit. Display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000).

I'm using an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to the LCD. It works and detects fine but the display on the TV is cropped from all sides and I don't get the full picture. I tried contacting tech support and neither HP nor Panasonic was helpful! I tried the different display settings on both the laptop and LCD as well - to no avail.

I have attached two files here: one showing the display screen of the laptop (IMG_0066) and one of the TV (IMG_0065). Notice the corners of the display.

Looking forward to your replies!

DISPLAY of your Laptop

Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366x768

The resolution of your TV panel is 1920*1080. As the other forum member has said, please set the resolution of your Laptop to suit the resolution of TV.
Another to check is the zoom function in your TV.

Hey, thank you for your comments! And apologies for the late reply.

I did try out the different resolution settings, both on the laptop and LCD, still a no go :(
I looked up whatever available info was there on the net and found out that what is happening is something called "overscan" caused by the display interface between the devices. Also found out that there is a display option for LCD called "Just Scan", in the Panasonic it's "Just", but again selecting this setting (which as per comments should be a snap) didn't work.

I have another LCD, a Sony Bravia KLV series 32", and the display works perfectly fine on this one. What shows on the laptop screen shows on the LCD as well. So I guess it's more to do with the display input options with the Panasonic LCD. I searched for some further info and it seems to be that until some good soul at Panasonic issues an update, I'm left with no option but to be happy with what I have!

I use VLC to play the videos and selecting the aspect ratio at 16:10 seems to take care of the left and right sides of the picture but top and bottom still seems to overscan (around 5% I think). On the otherhand, playing 1080p videos seem to work fine at 16:10 ratio.

This is making me even more confused! But thanks again for the comments.
Cheers!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back