need help !!

theneer

I am planning to set my media room, the dimensions are 12x14, my usage is 60% music( more of mid ranges),20% games and 20% movies. do I need to go for 5.1 or just two towers should be good enough? so far I have been thinking on below configuration.

1. Denon 1911 ~37k
2. I am really confused with the speakers, so far I have shortlisted below

a. Wharfedale 9.5 towers-
b. Q Acoustics 2020 cinema package
c. ELAC

3. Xtreamer pro 2 TB - - already puchansed
4. Sony PS3 move- already purchased
5. Sony 40 LCD - already purchased

Please help !!

Go for 5.1 audio setup than 2 channel ,most of the games played in ps3 has 5.1 audio which makes the game more realistic ,9.5 and 10.6 both are good speakers and suffice ur requirement as they r musical,
Match it with diamond 10cs center and rears....u can also try polk rti series .... 1911 is a good receiver and will match 9.5.
Cheers;-)

called the Wharfedale dealer in bangalore and he is asking me to look @ "Obsidian 600 Cinema Package", he is also ready to offer a good discount. anyone owns this package? hws the overall exp?

Thanks
neeraj

if youre listening mostly to music then a stereo setup is definitely better imo. you get MUCH better sound quality out of the same budget. its true you wont have sounds coming out of 5 different areas but it'll come out from the front two speakers. perhaps an audition will help you decide. walk into a monitor audio showroom and audition the monitor audio bronze 5.1 set up against the monitor audio silver rx6 stereo setup. you'll be able to tell for yourself what you require.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back