Need Matching Speakers for Marantz PM 7001

spsingh

Hi Friends , Need your help , Pls advise me speakers for my Amp Marantz PM 7001 , 70 WPC , Basically i prefer a stereo set up for music and little bit movies , I have Zen IFi 2 DAC for digital music , Size of my room is 14ft . 14 ft , I have the option at my hand which is KEF Q500 , B&W 602 S3 , Pls advise , I have another Stereo Set up for my other room which is Harman Kardon HK 3380 hooked to Polk Audio Signature S20

Hi Friends , Need your help , Pls advise me speakers for my Amp Marantz PM 7001 , 70 WPC , Basically i prefer a stereo set up for music and little bit movies , I have Zen IFi 2 DAC for digital music , Size of my room is 14ft . 14 ft , I have the option at my hand which is KEF Q500 , B&W 602 S3 , Pls advise , I have another Stereo Set up for my other room which is Harman Kardon HK 3380 hooked to Polk Audio Signature S20
If your primary usage is going to be music then bookshelves are recommended. You may also consider Elac Debut B5.2 for PM7001.
PM7001 comes with a preout and you can add a sub later if necessary.

If your primary usage is going to be music then bookshelves are recommended. You may also consider Elac Debut B5.2 for PM7001.
5.2 is at 6 Ohms , I prefer 8 ohms what
are your views

I dont prefer a sub woofer , Already my other set up Polk Audio S20 / Harman kardon HK 3380 , I dont felt any need of a subwoofer

Marantz pairs well with Dali speakers.

Suggest Dali Oberon 5 floor standers.

Or , Dali Oberon 1 + a small Dali C8D sub.

I too was reluctant to use a sub for music , untill I tried it. An 8 inch sub like the Dali C8D , which is optimised for music, blends in, adding substance and depth to the sound, without calling any attention to itself.

Marantz and kef q500. Audition this combo and decide.

MaSh

Q acoustic. Concept 300. Book shelf speaker

I had paired it with Quads (see my signature) ...but you may not get it now . So check if you can get Quad S2 .

Just curious - is this a used amp that you have purchased or did you get a brand new one

I was looking for this amp sometime back. I heard B&W Matrix 805 speakers paired with it when I bought them. The speakers sounded better on them compared to other amps I paired them with so I was looking for the amp. But have now decided to let go of the speakers.

Based on feedback from some dealers who sell used gear, older/vintage amps and speakers pair well. While I take their words with a pinch of salt, my experience in the above instance made me believe it's probably true. I do have PM8003 amp from marantz which sounds great with other speakers I paired but for b&w, 7001 was still better. So do try some vintage/old speakers with it, assuming you haven't already bought the speakers 😊

Marantz PM7001 Drives the Elacs Debut B5.2 easily. Better than my Denon PMA 600NE. Unfortunatly The Marantz PM7001 being a older version, doesn't have Subwoofer and Optical out.

The PM 7001 is a well built amp weighing 10.5 kg and 30,000mfd of capacitance. I have seen it driving a pair of 4 ohm Elac BS 53 speakers very well. It does have pre out, as said by PTP, where you can connect a subwoofer (also main in for connecting another preamp or AVR). If your amp is working then keep it . Do audition before purchase of speaker

The PM 7001 is a well built amp weighing 10.5 kg and 30,000mfd of capacitance. I have seen it driving a pair of 4 ohm Elac BS 53 speakers very well. It does have pre out, as said by PTP, where you can connect a subwoofer (also main in for connecting another preamp or AVR). If your amp is working then keep it . Do audition before purchase of speaker
Amplifiers is working perfectly. planning to keep. thanks for info..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back