Need opinion on Wharfedale diamond 8.4

jackdahack12

Hello Team,

Firstly I am thankful to you for creating a platform for all the audiophiles. I currently own a simple Sony 5.1 home theatre system. I am working on upgrading my speakers now. I have Denon AVRX 2500H as my Amp, I currently have an offer in OLX for a set of wharfedale diamond 8.4 towers and a centre. All 3 were in use since 3yrs and now the seller has upgraded to Jamo concert series speakers set, so these 3 are now for sale. I have an offer for 22k. Please let me know your suggestions and review on these 3 speakers. Also please help me with me with a few tests and considerations to be taken before I finalize the deal.

Hi

Welcome to HFV!

As for reviews there are many available over the internet....the Diamond series has done quite well. Depending on the physical condition and the performance, accordingly quote your offer given they are 3 years old.

Just as we say not all 5 fingers are the same....everyone's taste in sound quality differs...some like more bass etc ..while some want more clarity...so trust your ears and carry your favourite music / movie clip to check and see if these speakers meet your requirements and performance expectations.

In person audition is a must and remove the speaker grills to check the Speaker cone and woofer ring condition etc.....audition for a good 20 mins to make your decision and check if all in order and there is no distortion. Audition without the grills and go close to each speaker driver to ensure that it is working as expected.

There are many videos related to these speakers uploaded over youtube which you can check / refer to before going to the seller and finalising the deal.

Check the cabinet box if all in order....if damaged or peeling off etc.....

All the best!

I owned the wharfedale 8.4 series 5.1 package 10yrs back. They have kevlar cones and were gr8 vfm performers during their time. U can go ahead with them and have a demo. They r warm speakers.

I used to own the 8.4s from 2003 onwards for a few years. They are nice sounding speakers. Good entry point to hifi. Need an amplifier with good current capability. I had to change my pioneer amp to a nad immediately after buying it. Enjoyable speakers. Highs are slightly rolled off though.

Hi

Welcome to HFV!

As for reviews there are many available over the internet....the Diamond series has done quite well. Depending on the physical condition and the performance, accordingly quote your offer given they are 3 years old.

Just as we say not all 5 fingers are the same....everyone's taste in sound quality differs...some like more bass etc ..while some want more clarity...so trust your ears and carry your favourite music / movie clip to check and see if these speakers meet your requirements and performance expectations.

In person audition is a must and remove the speaker grills to check the Speaker cone and woofer ring condition etc.....audition for a good 20 mins to make your decision and check if all in order and there is no distortion. Audition without the grills and go close to each speaker driver to ensure that it is working as expected.

There are many videos related to these speakers uploaded over youtube which you can check / refer to before going to the seller and finalising the deal.

Check the cabinet box if all in order....if damaged or peeling off etc.....

All the best!
Thank you for your inputs, I will consider them for sure.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I am a bass lover but would like a crisp dialogue from centre. I happened to come across Polk audio t15 bookshelf speakers and Polk audio t30 centre for almost st the same price but this time it's a new piece, not a used one. Which one would be better, Polk audio or wharfedale. This is my entry into the HIFI speakers. So wanted to know your thoughts on it. Please help me on this.

I know this is too much of a thought but I came across an article stating that any new speakers need atleast a running time of 200hrs to bring out its beauty, so considering that I am keen on the wharfedale diamond 8.4 but would like an opinion from you all experienced personnel before I put my money on it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back