Need projector suggestion within 75K

dipdawiz

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a projector for my small dedicated home theater room. The room is 12x10x10 (LxWxH in ft). Mostly would be used by me personally, occasionally audience would be max 4 - 5. Seating is 7 - 11 ft from wall (screen). Gray color wall, no special treatment done but light in the room can be controlled to near total dark. Would be used only to watch movies (No TV or sports channel at all but may be casual gaming at times). My Requirements in descending order of priority

1. At least 720p but 1080p would be good
2. within 10ft throw distance, screen size should be around 84 inch, +/- some inch, as room is very small and viewing distance is close, does not intend any bigger screen
3. 3D is good to have but I would prefer 1080p normal than 720p 3D projector
4. if imported, company or 3rd party service should be available in metros, but would prefer to get from India
5. though 75K cap, lesser is better

If possible, please provide -

Which model and why
anything special to know about the model
approx market price if you know
place to get it (shop or online link)

ask me for any other info.....

Thanks in Advance
Dipayan

To begin with - 1080P projectors in India, below 75K is a little difficult. If you have the option, you should have someone get it for you from the US, but it is about taking a chance with the warranty. I have an Epson EH-TW8200, that I got from US under a manufacturer refurbished sale for close to 95K INR, it is close to 2L in India and it has been working wonderful for me for the last 1 year+. If you can go that way, then options are aplenty.

However, in your case, the best Full HD projectors available in your budget are:
Epson EH TW5300 - 68K
Optoma HD26 - 72K
Optoma HD141X - 71K
Benq W1070 - 80K
Benq TH681 - 71K

I believe the best of these is the BenqW1070 - has got great reviews and a friend of mine is using it and swears by it. If you can get any of these from the US, you can get these for less than half of India price.

Buying projectors is like buying speakers, at the end of the you have to choose what you prefer, none is perfect, but all have their advantages or disadvantages. I might not care that much about the true color representation as far as the projector is bright enough, but that could be a deal killer for you; for instance. Anyhow it is easier to judge projectors by reading reviews than speakers. You have plenty of high def images for comparison and plenty of information available that is more tangible than describing the sound.

I would suggest read up some on the ones above and shortlist, once shortlisted ask for opinions about your top 2/3 contenders in comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks Chander...

Epson EH TW5300 - 68K
Optoma HD26 - 72K
Optoma HD141X - 71K
Benq W1070 - 80K
Benq TH681 - 71K

From budget point of view Epson suites best :p ... however, as you said, would read about some reviews to shortlist few. I was following projector central. is there any other site for good reviews for projector?

If I bring from US, I guess I would prefer Epson or Benq as those brands are officially present in India (for paid service at least). One question, how is the service/spare scenario for Optoma in India (specially Bangalore)?

hEY ePSON tw5300 . you ill get 2 year warranty and know rainbow effects . Downside black level ill be brighter. I bought it last month only

To begin with - 1080P projectors in India, below 75K is a little difficult. If you have the option, you should have someone get it for you from the US, but it is about taking a chance with the warranty. I have an Epson EH-TW8200, that I got from US under a manufacturer refurbished sale for close to 95K INR, it is close to 2L in India and it has been working wonderful for me for the last 1 year+. If you can go that way, then options are aplenty.

However, in your case, the best Full HD projectors available in your budget are:
Epson EH TW5300 - 68K
Optoma HD26 - 72K
Optoma HD141X - 71K
Benq W1070 - 80K
Benq TH681 - 71K

I believe the best of these is the BenqW1070 - has got great reviews and a friend of mine is using it and swears by it. If you can get any of these from the US, you can get these for less than half of India price.

Buying projectors is like buying speakers, at the end of the you have to choose what you prefer, none is perfect, but all have their advantages or disadvantages. I might not care that much about the true color representation as far as the projector is bright enough, but that could be a deal killer for you; for instance. Anyhow it is easier to judge projectors by reading reviews than speakers. You have plenty of high def images for comparison and plenty of information available that is more tangible than describing the sound.

I would suggest read up some on the ones above and shortlist, once shortlisted ask for opinions about your top 2/3 contenders in comparison.
hi Chander, can u please tell me your where the Epson TW5300 is vailable for 68k?

hEY ePSON tw5300 . you ill get 2 year warranty and know rainbow effects . Downside black level ill be brighter. I bought it last month only
Where did you buy it from and how much?Edit: got to know from your post on other thread. But...

Regarding black level, all reviews are talking about it. Could u explain how bad it is?

Last edited:
Where did you buy it from and how much?Edit: got to know from your post on other thread. But...

Regarding black level, all reviews are talking about it. Could u explain how bad it is?
Have you seen any of the projectors in action? DLP projector is the way to go (Epson is LCD I think). The black levels, the color reproduction is extremely good when compared to best of LCD projectors. Of course Your ability to see rainbow matters, but see both projectors in action before you buy.
See comparison

https://youtu.be/sfGrWZwiRFU

Getting the projector imported is better than buying in India. The cost difference is minimum of 30k, most of the projectors come with Universal voltage compatibility so get it imported if possible.

Costlier components of a projector are, DLP chip, motherboard and Lamp ; none of which cost 30k even if you need to replace them. 3rd party service is very good for projectors in general.

What's more? Benq offers international warranty on projectors, a friend of mine got the motherboard changed under international warranty at bangalore without any issues. I'm not sure about other brands though

At 75k you should be looking at
BENQ: W1070+, HT2050, HT3050
OPTOMA :HD37, HD28SE Etc

My advice : get a DLP projector, get it imported period...

dark Black will be like light grey , for me it is ok . I ill post u some pics when i get time .
Got it from local dealer 10% disc . Initially thought of importing only , then realizing warranty factors i order this.

Last edited:
dark Black will be like light grey , for me it is ok . I ill post u some pics when i get time .
Got it from local dealer 10% disc . Initially thought of importing only , then realizing warranty factors i order this.
Hi mano2ht, who is your local dealer? Please share contact details also..

In ebay there are offers from 68k to 78ks for epson tw5300..If you have ebay discount coupon of 10%(max 3000) you can get it for around 65ks..

If you want Optoma HD 141x, you might order it from amazon.de. Here is the link for reference:

Optoma HD141X

Excluding customs, the price would be approx 50k.

There is a whole thread dedicated to Optoma HD141x. You can take a look at the same.

BTW, check this little guy out:

ViewSonic PJD7820HD Full HD 1080p Projector with HDMI: Amazon.in: Electronics

great reviews, super cheap and 3 years of warranty (I am not sure what is the warranty in India though). Lamp life is lower than most competition, but people have suggested being able to use it past the suggested lamp life with no signs of degradation in image quality/performance. It is well within your budget, can throw a decent 100" from 8ft. and is plenty bright. The colors are pretty good too. I have never owned/used one, but going by the reviews and the appreciation it gets, I guess you can't go very wrong.

Last edited:
BTW, check this little guy out:

ViewSonic PJD7820HD Full HD 1080p Projector with HDMI: Amazon.in: Electronics

great reviews, super cheap and 3 years of warranty (I am not sure what is the warranty in India though)

nice catch... just worried about the seller, Just got 2.5* for last one year. Little risky to spend 60k. if it was cart2india or gadgetaccessories would not have think any extra second as I used them before :p ... lets see if I can get someone to bring this from US https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EAPUHYY/ref=s9_simh_gw_g504_i1_r

meanwhile, auditions are still pending...

In case someone is interested in refurbished projectors and wish to buy from US, you better hurry. :)

BenQ HT1075 Home Theater projector

In case you are not able to view the deal, here is the screenshot:

DQm0faUV9Pu_T6FXdapAcAv__F2yQ-Rvz7UoiiBbYE6yREyyObwycyh5iaNdY5wG3thJ5vO31QuRfwM=w1366-h648-rw

Last edited:
Could not get time or a place to do any demo of dlp projectors, so my OCD mind fixed on 3LCD projector and that means only EPSON :rolleyes: . However thanks Saikat for link of Optoma 141x in Amazon.de. While browsing, saw a deal on Epson EH TW5210 , a Amazon prime exclusive deal of 513 EUR (just 13 EUR more then Optoma 141x :clapping: ), tried to get some review but there is none (in english), TW5200 got good review; and with same config but a notch lower in contrast than EPSON 2040 (US model which also got good review in most of the sites), placed an order. All inclusive it was approx 630 EUR (oh I had to signup for prime and costed me 1 EUR ;) ). Ordered with standard shipping, but even without priority shipping it got delivered in 6 days including all holidays in between. I guess I was lucky.

Just got the delivery today :yahoo: ... yet to set it up and see how it is. Finger crossed, hope no issue with this piece.

Also UPS delivered it without any import fee or any other receipt, so dropped a mail to amazon.de for the details and to check if any refund on cards. lets see what happens. So far Amazon charged approx Rs 49000 odd, if any refund happens it would cost less.

Will update soon about the performance.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back