Need review for Marantz 1604

nkchokshi

Hello guys
I'm looking for any reviews on marantz 1604. If any owners can give me feedback and performance review. As I didnt find anywhere in Ahmedabad.

Also Ive got final price of 42k with Bill is it good rate?

I purchased it from ebay with 43K but later came to know the following:

Congrats on new acquisition, NR 1604 is on sale at Reliance Digital(in Delhi and Bangalore) with Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 soundware and a Philips 3D Blu-ray player for Rs 56000/- I think its also a great deal.

I have connecter it with a pair of BS Q Acuastics 2020i speakers. In my ear, it is very melodic and works fine with network and airplay. Since I do not have full 5.1/7.1 set up my review is incomplete. But it has features and I am satisfied with my purchase.

Reliance Digital selling NR1504(Not NR 1604) with Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 and free Philips bluray player.

I got 54k after bargaining the price and opted Bajaj finance with 0% interest.

Purchased in Chennai.

I have the NR-1604 and it is quite good. I used to have an SR6006 but moved away from that as my plans were different back then. When compared to SR6006, the NR1604 is a decent performer. Similar tone but I guess it would struggle to push power hungry floor standers. Audyssey works good and GUI is much better than previous NR series.

If you have a smaller and sensitive bookshelves, and do not need very loud volumes then 1604 is perfectly fine.

I operate it in a small 10feet X 10feet space. Please consider your room into account as you might need to push it more.

Hello Thanks for your advice. Now that you said, I need to think as i have Tower speakers.

I have Yamaha tower front yamaha 8900 , surround and center are from yamaha as well.

I have checked x2000, looks more powerful, but i dont know if denon is good as Marantz.

Main reason is i didnt get to hear both. In chroma and reliance digital they have only pioneer, and some home theater dealers have denon x1000, onkyo or yamaha etc.

Why not the denon amps are also very good. I have both marantz and denon. The marantz are more on the warmer side compared to denon(not that denon is bright) For music i say marantz is the best in its price. However i feel a little lack of highs in the marantz. The denon sounds warm and gives the punch required to movies which marantz cannot do. In my hearing experience. The denon is more for movies and marantz is music. It now depends upon you whether music or movies!! I would choose a denon x2000 over 1604 or even the x2100 new series from denon. The marantz SR series seems to be decent enough and they are pricey too. Final call is yours.
On another note : why not look at Yamaha Avr????? Not heard with good speakers but overall i find it very harsh and hence would not suggest. But still i have heard a very old avr and it doesn't quite impress me dont know if the newer series are better.

Marantz are good in music..but heard recently that they lacks in after sales service..so be sure check your local city dealer before decision..

Yesterday I found 2 dealers both had multi brands and both are pushing other brands like harman kardon and denon and avoiding Marantz.

So I was totally worried because of that reasons. As I am keep thinking of something goes wrong they all will say "we told you so"

I've heard harman kardon avr 151 it was good and price was 36k
But it has also 85 watts. At 6 ohms. I have 6 ohm as speakers.

Same in marantz 1604. 75 watts at 6 ohms.

Actually I liked marantz because few years back I had my friends receiver for trial, I don't know the series, but it was amazing, currently I have to keep my surround at 5+ DB but In that receiver all was normal at 0 and just
-25 to -30 DB my house was filled with punch.

The problem is dealers do have receivers but some are too lazy to show demo they think that all sound same, and speakers are the main. But I saw difference, as I said earlier, my Yamaha and friends marantz, and it was not same .

I was also going to buy a Marantz avr but almost all the dealers in Delhi NCR as well as in Lucknow suggested me to avoid Marantz due to multiple reasons like service issues, lack of genuine spare parts and degrading build quality.
Top Denon products like X5200 are made in Japan while top Marantz products like SR7009 are made in China, although lower end Denon are also made in China.

ray: what makes you prefer denon avr-x2000 than than new one avrx2100 ?

I think both are same x2000 and x2100, the price difference is 10k. I am getting x2000 at 47k last , and x2100 ive got 56k.

Currently i am using Yamaha 6030, good AVR, but it really lacks effects in surrounds, plus in music listing its not that good. smaller, delicate sounds fads away.

last week i called Mr. Anil from Hifimart he said When marantz volume are listed as 70watts its same as yamaha's 100 wats,

Does anyone using Marantz 1604 with Floor standers? what is the usual volume you guys need to keep. I saw the maximum level is 96db.

dealers pushing x2100 over 2000 by saying its new, and 2000 is older model, but its not just last year released in September. All compnies release AVR in September. But there is no difference like Bluetooth and wireless etc. but in price its 10k.

Did any one experienced Harman Kardon, I saw avr151 , but the demo guys didnt have any music sample dvds, he has only movie samples, they sound good.

@OP, Marantz are great with cold sounding speakers and generally better than denon overall. I am not sure of the Yamaha speakers' signature though.

Marantz won't exaggerate and emphasise dynamics though (Onkyo does followed by Yamaha and denon to an extent and hence they are bad for music in that order) but creates a rich and spatial sound field.

I have no idea of the Harman kardon.

Also, You can get SR5008 for 55k. It is much more powerful. Better choice for floorstanders.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back