Need Review/Suggestion about Haier 40" LE40T3 LED

I would like to ask y are u enquiring about it??? Did u like the price vs features ratio??? Or did u like the PQ & wanted to check with others whether they are scent or not??? I personally would stick to a brand like toshiba in this range as they have very good reviews & I have compared the ps20 side by side with a HX750 & found the colors better & more real in the toshiba... Many might not agree with me but that it what I saw... On the other had a few years back during the time of LCDs , my dad visited an Av expo in which he saw a demo of several top tv brands & he was totally blown away by the haier that was on display when compared to Sony Samsung lg etc...

Haier is not a brand to be dismissed casually. Yes, it is a Chinese brand and some years ago it was known for shoddy quality and best for those who wanted brand-new appliances at second-hand prices. Not so any more. Haier consciously decided to up their antte and imbibe Japanese quality principles. One day (simetime in early 2000), they just junked and destroyed their entire production of washing machines, on the assembly line or in the warehouses, etc. Not even sold them for half prices, etc. The management decided that from then on, they will sell the products that will hold on their own against the world's best. Haier now forms a "case study" in the lectures and discourses of quality, and even in MBA programs.

Having said that, it is still a notch behind the Japanese and Koreans. But the OP should look at the TV's quality. I would advise any purchaser of any goods to discard brand names for the first time and look at products with a very critical eye. After not getting unduly influenced by brand names, check feature for feature, support, after sales, etc., and then make a judgmental call.

There was
1. haier full HD 40 inch.
2. Sony full hd
3. Philips full HD
4. Sharp full HD.

me check settings. of each tv. adjust brightness contrast of all tv to equal.

Haier tv was near window, but still looked bright.

Now why I asked about this tv haier is.. now samsung tv I had, it gone one year one month and gone, now they tell samsung ppl stopped making LCD tv, and to change panel 16000 rupees.

and if panel change also for that warranty only 3 months, and cannot extend warranty also.

So me thought me buy new TV.

Why haier?

it got 3 year warrant.

Can extend warranty each year.

for that 1600 rupees per year which is quite reasonable.

and contrast of picture quite good when compared to even sony and sharp.

But doubt is, what if this company only close?

I checked on flipkart, all show out of stock.

The dealer was also telling, the price is only till stock lasts.

Like last last piece they selling for low price.

Now what to do?

Shall I go for it?

I read few other threads about haier, old threads, there few ppl told no haier strictly and few told it very good.

Confused, so posting this query.

Pls help.

I wud not but this tv... Anything more than 15/20k is a bigger investment for a tv...so I wud strictly stick with well established brands in tvs... Haier may be a good name in refrigerators and such but havet heard of its tvs ... I know the ppl in this forum might have diff opinion and evryone does...i am sharing mine...
I do not have sammy ledtv , though I have crt which is more than 8 yrs now and is working grt... I have sony and lg and same is the case in my family circle... Lots of sony and lg and no issues since countless yrs... My vote is sony, sammy lg and if want diff brands toshiba sharp abd panny ...
I wud play a gamble of Haier or any other less known brand for an investment of max 20 or less ie small tvs... And let me tell u , no body is rite or wrong ... It is just the perceptions... I own tata car, heard a lot of critisism :) but going strong since last 6 yrs.. So go with ur mind and u will be alrite... All the best...

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back