Need some help...setting up a new home entertainment system

kanav21

Hi everyone... am new to this forum here...hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Basically I want to create a new home entertainment system...and i need your advise on two things.

1. What speakers/amps should I be looking at? I have tried to go through a lot of threads on this forum here..and believe me its just getting more and more confusing.....

I want to purchase something within a budged of say 50-60k...total for the speakers and the amplified. I'd like speakers that are more "music" oriented rather than "movies" etc. Also, I like listening to electronic music, so speakers that give out a nice thumping bass would be like gold!! :)

Second of all, I also want to have some kind of a system where I can stream Music/Movies etc from my laptop or PC to my television or audio system. Any suggestions on this guys?

Thanks guys..

cheers

Kanav:

I am afraid you are looking at too many options for the budget you are looking at.

A reasonable AVR plus good speakers would cost upwards of 100k. An AVR would cost you around 40K, and a 5.1 speaker set would cost around 60K. You have add another 10% for interconnects and speaker cables. And of course, you need a source such as DVD player or a Blu-Ray player.

To 'stream' music to your system, you will need a wireless system. Most AVR other than the highest version do not have wireless capabilities nor networking capabilities. One option to is to get something like a Squeezebox that can stream music to your system. It has a receiver, and any wireless router can act as a transmitter.

A simpler option to to connect you laptop or PC directly to the system through a digital cable, or through a 3.5mm cable to a RCA cable.

At a budget of around 50K, one of the best options would be to look at an HTiB. This has most of what you would need from a HT system other than interface to a computer.

Cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back