Need Speakers for my VOCOPRO PA PRO 900 AMPLIFIER

evant1979

Hi,

Bought a Vocopro amplifier from the US with a intention to use them as a Mixer cum Amplifier (450W + 450W RMS Power Output (4 ohms)) Exact product details are on the following link -

VocoPro Professional Vocal Systems

I had the Wharfadale Titan 8 (2-way, passive speaker system, 8? enclosure impedance, 300 watt program, 600 watt peak power handling capability), Exact Product details are on the following link -

TITAN 8 PASSIVE - TITAN SERIES - Wharfedale Pro

Tried using these Wharfadale speakers with the Vocopro Amp but it was a disaster, especially the speakers could not handle the lows at all. (caused a lot of distortion) eventhough i didnt even reach 50% of the volume level.

Since this amplifier has really good effects (reverb etc) for vocals and good power too, have bought this amp.

I tried a few Passive speakers to match this amp, nothing satisfactory came out. Someone suggested i should go for powered speakers. Please advice which speakers I should go for. My Budget is about 35 - 40k. My purpose is as under -

1. Have a small band (Flute, violins, tabla, keyboards, Bass Guitar & most importantly my vocals) I usually practice at home with them (Musicians do not have to carry their amps) or else sing with minus one tracks,

2. Listen to Music (Lows should sound good)

3. Use the Set up for small gigs (50-100 people).

I will be really obliged and thankful if you could suggest the right set of speakers I should buy..

Evant (Pune, Maharshtra)

I can fabricate the driver for your amp. You will have to build the cabinet for it. I can supply you the box plan for the project. You can view my face book page ..... (hunter audio loudspeaker reconers).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back