Need suggestion denon x4500h vs denon x3700h

Santhosh123

Hi. I need suggestion regarding AVR. Iam getting good deal on denon x4500h ( new, not used). Iam confused between denon x4500h and denon x3700h. Which one should I opt ?

It's always better to opt for the latest one for better supportability. X4500H is a 2018 model, so getting the spare might be challenging if something goes south. Before pulling the trigger, I would check with the ProFx once on spare availability/supportability.

Both AVR's are are strong performers. The X3700H is a newer model and adds support for 8K video, few video features and dual calibration audio settings but slightly less powerful @ 105 W/CH vs. 125 W/CH of the x4500.

Like @OM_2K19 said parts availability might be a issue, but if you are getting it at a price lower than the x3700 do consider it. 4 series is better built than the 3 series and adds Auro 3D and a front HDMI which can be a good thing as it is missing on x3700.

It's always better to opt for the latest one for better supportability. X4500H is a 2018 model, so getting the spare might be challenging if something goes south. Before pulling the trigger, I would check with the ProFx once on spare availability/supportability.
Yes. Good point

Both AVR's are are strong performers. The X3700H is a newer model and adds support for 8K video, few video features and dual calibration audio settings but slightly less powerful @ 105 W/CH vs. 125 W/CH of the x4500.

Like @OM_2K19 said parts availability might be a issue, but if you are getting it at a price lower than the x3700 do consider it. 4 series is better built than the 3 series and adds Auro 3D and a front HDMI which can be a good thing as it is missing on x3700.
Ya getting for 30-40k less than x3700.

Hi. I need suggestion regarding AVR. Iam getting good deal on denon x4500h ( new, not used). Iam confused between denon x4500h and denon x3700h. Which one should I opt ?
Hi Santosh,
Welcome to the forum.
Do you already have speakers, or is this a purchase for a bottom-up new set-up?
Like others have said, the spares issue is one you need to check.
Other than that, better to write to Denon seeking clarification about the support, going forward...

If your speakers are easy to drive, then the power difference between the two will not matter.

You have not mentioned a price, so, I'd venture and say this -- say if the 3700 is quoted at 1.2L or above, and the 4500 well under 1L, then worth considering the 4500, unless your use case demands the most recent bells and whistles. Else, don't worry and go for the 3700.

Just check HDMI, HDCP and VRR versions/support if you are into gaming and HDR support levels if you like recent movies.

Both I think have multi eq xt32.

Best and regards

Hi Santosh,
Welcome to the forum.
Do you already have speakers, or is this a purchase for a bottom-up new set-up?
Like others have said, the spares issue is one you need to check.
Other than that, better to write to Denon seeking clarification about the support, going forward...

If your speakers are easy to drive, then the power difference between the two will not matter.

You have not mentioned a price, so, I'd venture and say this -- say if the 3700 is quoted at 1.2L or above, and the 4500 well under 1L, then worth considering the 4500, unless your use case demands the most recent bells and whistles. Else, don't worry and go for the 3700.

Just check HDMI, HDCP and VRR versions/support if you are into gaming and HDR support levels if you like recent movies.

Both I think have multi eq xt32.

Best and regards
Its a new setup. Planning q acoustics 3090i series 5.1.2. x4500 quoted 80k. 3700 above 1.25. Having said that every thing will become old with time.

Its a new setup. Planning q acoustics 3090i series 5.1.2. x4500 quoted 80k. 3700 above 1.25. Having said that every thing will become old with time.
From where did u get these quotes, i have been looking for 3700 and all the dealers were quoting above 1.4 lacs, i would happily go for 4500 if its comes within 75k with manufacture warranty.

Price is the game changer and at that price it is 4500h that makes sense. More powerful too plus lesser expensive for a very attractive price plus standard warranty.

4500 is a better avr then 3700 even if it is an old model and you are getting it lesser then 45k. Easy pick if you ask me.I will even pick an used 4500 for 70-80k compared to 3700 at 1.25.

Have AVR/Speaker prices started to come down yet? I read somewhere that semiconductor prices are now easing.

Have AVR/Speaker prices started to come down yet? I read somewhere that semiconductor prices are now easing.
Loudspeaker prices have come down. Avrs are still pricy. Amplifiers are from time to time bubbling around for half price sale in some sites. August is the time when supply demand would stabilise and prices could freeze at pre-covid levels.

If there are no spoilers for your other requirements, I don't see a reason to choose the 3700 over the 4500 at those prices.
Go for it! Just write once to Denon asking about support path just for peace of mind.
Regards and best

I was also in a similar dilemma and went with X4500 mainly because of Auro 3D.
I’m using it with projector and 8K is not really important for me.

So, if 8K and HDMI 2.1 features are important for you then go with the newer models, else go with X4500. It a steal for 75k.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back