Need Suggestion: Energy Take 5.0 or RC Micro 5.0

rajeshbk

Hi,

I am currently in US and may return to India soon. I plan to setup my first Home Theater setup with either Energy Take 5.0 or Energy RC Micro 5.0 purchased from US. The sub and AV-receiver would be purchased in India.

Could you please suggest which of the above speakers is a good buy considering that the price for both the units is almost same.(around 150 US dollar)

Newegg.com - Energy Take 5 Pack 5CH Home Theater Speaker System

Amazon.com: Energy RC-Micro 5 Pack Channel Home Theater System: Electronics

I have heard that the shrill is not so good in Micro but the center channel of Micro is better than Take. Is it so?

The usage would be more towards the music(80%) and movies occasionally(20%). The speakers would be installed in 18x10 feet room. I am not looking for high volume, decent volume with good audio quality should be fine.

Your inputs will be highly helpful. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Rajesh B.K

Even I was in the same boat. There are other people bringing in Takes. Search this forum.

For me, my room was big to fill up by Takes. I am going with full size setup.

If you want HTIB look at Martin Logan MLT-2.
Its got 4 inch drivers, much better system. NewEgg puts it on sale for $299 sometimes.

Hi,

I am currently in US and may return to India soon. I plan to setup my first Home Theater setup with either Energy Take 5.0 or Energy RC Micro 5.0 purchased from US. The sub and AV-receiver would be purchased in India.

Could you please suggest which of the above speakers is a good buy considering that the price for both the units is almost same.(around 150 US dollar)

Newegg.com - Energy Take 5 Pack 5CH Home Theater Speaker System

Amazon.com: Energy RC-Micro 5 Pack Channel Home Theater System: Electronics

I have heard that the shrill is not so good in Micro but the center channel of Micro is better than Take. Is it so?

The usage would be more towards the music(80%) and movies occasionally(20%). The speakers would be installed in 18x10 feet room. I am not looking for high volume, decent volume with good audio quality should be fine.

Your inputs will be highly helpful. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Rajesh B.K

I would suggest against either ETC or Micro series if you want series music listening. As per your listing you are looking for 80% music then these are not for that but they are superb for movies playback. I as well brought Micro series from US last year but did not like the sound for music at all hence replaced the front LR of micro to Yamaha FS speakers. But for movies they are one of the best satellite speakers. I would suggest you the same get the either ETC or Micro series as they get sold very cheap in US at this time of the year and get good BS or FS speakers here in India so that you can have 7.0 channel speakers.

Thanks

I would suggest against either ETC or Micro series if you want series music listening. As per your listing you are looking for 80% music then these are not for that but they are superb for movies playback. I as well brought Micro series from US last year but did not like the sound for music at all hence replaced the front LR of micro to Yamaha FS speakers. But for movies they are one of the best satellite speakers. I would suggest you the same get the either ETC or Micro series as they get sold very cheap in US at this time of the year and get good BS or FS speakers here in India so that you can have 7.0 channel speakers.

Thanks

Did you get a chance to compare between ETC and Micro anytime?

Did you get a chance to compare between ETC and Micro anytime?

Oh no just that I got a good deal last December for Micro for around $160 so picked it up. But going by online reviews I think ETC still has the edge being slightly bigger drivers otherwise both are same.

Even I was in the same boat. There are other people bringing in Takes. Search this forum.

For me, my room was big to fill up by Takes. I am going with full size setup.

If you want HTIB look at Martin Logan MLT-2.
Its got 4 inch drivers, much better system. NewEgg puts it on sale for $299 sometimes.

Thanks for the pointer. Did you go with Takes? Did you like it for music? I do not like to carry the sub woofer from here for reasons

a) Weight limit
b) 220V to 110V transformer hassle.

So any other 5.0 system that you suggest that is comparable in price(can extend it if is really worth the difference) that is good for music and compact in size(Like energy Take or RC Micro).

Thanks for the pointer. Did you go with Takes? Did you like it for music? I do not like to carry the sub woofer from here for reasons

a) Weight limit
b) 220V to 110V transformer hassle.

So any other 5.0 system that you suggest that is comparable in price(can extend it if is really worth the difference) that is good for music and compact in size(Like energy Take or RC Micro).

When I joined the forum a month ago I was looking at JBL Cinema or HK HTIB.
Then moved to Takes.
Realised need full blown setup as my living room is big.
So evalutated Pioneer SP51/52 packages, but did not like looks of FS51.
Now I am looking at Jamo.
Although if I get a good deal on Definitve Technology Mythos I will jump.
KEF is also on my radar.
I will be buying something in a week.

I liked MLT-2. But I did not listen it with Takes side by side.

Update:
About taking the subs, yes they are heavy.
I like importing if there is a big price difference.

For me, it has to be 25%-40% of Indian price atleast.

It is not worth getting low end subs at high prices and paying money to ship them.
If you are getting a sub $100 one like Pioneer 8-incher at $80, ML at same price and many others, then it might be fine.
$100 sub + $100 shipping is not as cheap, you save a little compared to $400 in India.

High end subs are when importing makes a lot of sense.
SVS/HSU high end sub, you can get it at under $300 and they cost 30-40K in India. Four times the difference.
You can really save some dough by getting it.

On voltage, there are many subs which operate dual voltage.
Some have a voltage switch at back where you can switch 110V to 220-240V.
There are some international edition subs sold at US. You can call up the stores.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back