Need suggestion for a decent AVR

anil190185

I have never used any AVR in my life but now looking for a decent AVR. I will mostly be using it for Movies and Music.

I have shortlisted 2:

1)Pioneer VSX-1131
2)denon avr-x1300w

Please let me know how are these and which one should be bought?

Also where can I find these at the cheapest rate in Mumbai

Thanks!

I have never used any AVR in my life but now looking for a decent AVR. I will mostly be using it for Movies and Music.

I have shortlisted 2:

1)Pioneer VSX-1131
2)denon avr-x1300w

Please let me know how are these and which one should be bought?

Also where can I find these at the cheapest rate in Mumbai

Thanks!

I am currently using a Marantz NR1504 and Boston Acoustics. With Hi-fi systems budget is never ending so choose wisely. I suggest Yamaha AV receivers as they are very reliable and they also sound good. I suggest 4k AV receiver, so that it will be future proof and it also works well when you have a gaming console like PS4 Pro or 4k settop boxes and so on. The following model from Yamaha is really good. https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v481/index.html

Hifimart is a well known and reliable Hi-fi systems dealer.

Last edited:
But the above mentioned AV receiver is very expensive as it is a 2017 model with really good features. But as per your requirement Yamaha YHT 2910 5.1 channel HT system would be sufficient and can be bought online for 41k. As you get both AV receiver and speakers for this price, it's a very good deal IMO. You need not look for compatible speakers again w.r.t ohms and wattage. Again you need to spend another 4k-6k for good DAC cables and optical audio cable from hifimart.

But the above mentioned AV receiver is very expensive as it is a 2017 model with really good features. But as per your requirement Yamaha YHT 2910 5.1 channel HT system would be sufficient and can be bought online for 41k. As you get both AV receiver and speakers for this price, it's a very good deal IMO. You need not look for compatible speakers again w.r.t ohms and wattage. Again you need to spend another 4k-6k for good DAC cables and optical audio cable from hifimart.
He has not specified any budget but from the shortlisted AVRs it appears that he has budget of close to 50k for AVR alone. Both of the AVRs are very good.

I would like to know the budget for speakers too, as also room size, room plan, requirement of number of channels, etc before recommending anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi Anil,

Assumes you have auditioned the shortlisted AVRs...if not then please audition to decide better....we can suggest but at the end of the day it is you who is the end user going to hear the system day in and day out....it should be good and satisfying to you.....

Depending on your budget, there are a lot of systems available and mix of brands and combos can yield good performances.....

If budget is rigid or tight, you can go the Pre Owned way and look for AVRs / Speakers in the For Sale by owner section or olx or Hi Fi Ads...there are some really good equipment's available.

Dear friend , recently I have visited MZ Audio, Bandra- W , Mumbai. They stock Pioneer VSX 1131 for 55k and 43k (W/o B&W). They stock Boston Acoustic, Mission, Taga etc speakers brand also. You can get demo for Marantz and Pioneer also. Best of luck and believe on your ears.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Hi Anil,

Would suggest you would be better off visiting a dealer , hearing the avr and then purchasing....there are also good deals on quikr or olx or For Sale by Owner .....you can decide and take a call....avoid the online route....you can even end up in a refurbished avr!

My budget is around 45 - 50K only for the AVR. Pioneer VSX 1131 is selling for 45K on ebay. The seller has mentioned manufacturer warranty. I am not sure if it is genuine. Can someone please confirm Pioneer VSX-1131 Black 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver w/ Bluetooth & Wi-Fi | eBay

Thanks!
Don't go for online purchase of avr. Mostly they are not manufacturer warranty. Pioneer INDIA communicated to me that they don't provide warranty for ANY online purchase

Thank you guys!

Will visit Audiomaxx Warehouse Direct India. HAs some great reviews. Will keep you all updated. Thanks again!

Don't go for online purchase of avr. Mostly they are not manufacturer warranty. Pioneer INDIA communicated to me that they don't provide warranty for ANY online purchase

I believe that there are some sellers on Ebay who may not provide manufacturer warranty, however I understand there are many buyers who have bought AVRs from hifimart, avenuesound and other hi-fi exclusive online shops. There should not be any issues in claiming warranty when purchased via these sites. Clarifications please if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Anil,

Be a little cautious with AudioMaxx (WareHouse Direct)....they do have some nice offers..not sure about the warranty aspect also heard they charge for Audition....

Hi Rajiv, yes your understanding is correct, certain reputed sellers provide the actual warranty from manufacturer and also the proper product not refurbished ones...

Finally bought pioneer 1131 and taga 606 v3 (42k+22k). I am now looking for taga sw 10 v2 sub. Currently not available anywhere in Mumbai. Would appreciate if someone could guide me regarding the subs. :)

Finally bought pioneer 1131 and taga 606 v3 (42k+22k). I am now looking for taga sw 10 v2 sub. Currently not available anywhere in Mumbai. Would appreciate if someone could guide me regarding the subs. :)

please post review of ur system
thanks in advance

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back