Need suggestion on 2.0/2.1 setup for bedroom

shinshya

Friends,

I am looking for a good 2.0/2.1 setup for bedroom(size 17ft x 13ft). This is only for music with source such as Amazon Music, Spotify, Jio Saavn etc, streaming though either Bluetooth or WiFi from mobile phone. Listening time around 1-2hrs per day during bed time, bit more during weekend. I like to listen to Indian film music both classical and contemporary along with some instrumental. I like tight punchy bass(not boomy bass) without compromising on clarity.

Pls suggest few good options. Starting with budget around 50K. Can stretch depending on option.
I also want to understand if I can use my old Onkyo passive sub(came with old HTiB) in this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Marantz PM 6006 plus QA 2020i will suit you perfectly. Even 3030 might be in with good deal. Yamaha 303 will fit your your criterion, It has BT & Music cast as well.

I also want to know if we can use a passive sub with PM 6006/Yammy 303. More knowledgeable person can weigh in with their inputs.

Many subs come with speaker level inputs. Don't discount this option.
So you should be able to tap off the FL/FR of amp post amplification.

Also, it is not just about having a sub out or an extra preout.
The amp/preamp should have some bass management to go with it (like AVRs)

Cheers,
Raghu

So, how does it work? PM6006 L+R to SUB high level inputs L+R and then SUB speaker L+R out to L+R of speakers(BS or FS)? In that case SUB will keep low frequencies and send mid+high to speakers, is that correct?

So, how does it work? PM6006 L+R to SUB high level inputs L+R and then SUB speaker L+R out to L+R of speakers(BS or FS)? In that case SUB will keep low frequencies and send mid+high to speakers, is that correct?
Such subs are generally expensive..
Better option is to look for amp with subwoofer output..
And Yamaha amps have that..

In an AVR or IA with bass management, the split happens like here
- send low to some number to sub; send the rest to L/R (may be with a bit of overlap)

With a sub that has bass management, it is like this
- sub takes what you want it handle (user setting); bass management sends the rest to L/R

With a sub that doesn't have bass management, it is just a daisy chain
- sub takes what you want it to handle (user setting); the full signal goes to L/R

With a sub-bass unit, its like this
- sub just taps off the amp's L/R output and does it's thing; full signal goes to L/R

So you have options, even without a dedicated sub-out or extra preout pair
Such subs may be a bit more expensive, but they are common these days

Cheers,
Raghu

Yes! Just like @raghupb said!

In an AVR or IA with bass management, the split happens like here
- send low to some number to sub; send the rest to L/R (may be with a bit of overlap)

With a sub that has bass management, it is like this
- sub takes what you want it handle (user setting); bass management sends the rest to L/R

With a sub that doesn't have bass management, it is just a daisy chain
- sub takes what you want it to handle (user setting); the full signal goes to L/R

With a sub-bass unit, its like this
- sub just taps of the amp's L/R output and does it's thing; full signal goes to L/R

So you have options, even without a dedicated sub-out or extra preout pair
Such subs may be a bit more expensive, but they are common these days

Cheers,
Raghu

Marantz 1508 or 1509 AVR with a pair of bookshelf speakers will be good option.
These AVRs support sub-out, also support airplay, HEOS, and various other streaming services.
Also got Audyssey room calibration.

These AVRs doesn't support passive subwoofers, you will need active subwoofer. Possibly you can start with AVR + bookshelf speakers, then add subwoofer later

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back