Need Suggestion on 5.1 Speakers package

bpranay

Dear All,

I perhaps would be visiting US in Jan'16 for 6 days. Since I have Yamaha AVR 473 using happily since last almost 2 years, now it's time for me to get the speakers as was using Sony's old speakers along with it.

Now I do not have patience to go separates way hence decided on getting 5.1 package for myself. I'll be bringing them from US along with me. My budget is upto USD $500.

Now I have zeroed on below two packages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...classic 5.1&qid=1445924517&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CMVY7Q?psc=1

Now I need your suggestions on below

1. Which one would be better between these two, energy take classic or Klisch HDT-600?
2. What is the implication/expenses on bringing it from US to India, I mean pertaining to customs?
3. What about the voltage issue?

Requesting your responses at the earliest

Last edited:
If you can get the jbl studio 530,they are 400$ last i checked and is one of the best speaker ever made.I suggest you use them for now and get the rear channel and center channel when you return to India,trust me this jbl is best speaker out there and you won't get it here in India.Don't waste your money on the energy or klipsh macro system.As for the customs i can't help.

thanks for your suggestion krishtrinity, understand that separates is the best way to go but I have a thin budget and wont be able to go for center and rear in near future soon. I may upgrade it 5 years down the line and that time I may sell 5.1 package. This is the option I have in my hand right now.

In case you have any new 5.1 system in your mind apart from this then please suggest me.

If you can get radius 90hd used speakers,I highly recommend them.They are usually sold in eBay for 150$ and if you get both front and rear speaker.I highly recommend them,I sold my monitor audio m2 speaker after buying these.Their new models are 500$ and for 150$ used they are a steal.I saw martin Logan 300 subwoofer which retails for around 100$ in USA,its one of the best subwoofer you can get way better than klipsch or energy 5.1 sub's,if you are only looking to buy new get the Andrew Jones elac b5 speakers which are one of the best speakers you can get at the moment,also suggest looking at pioneer bs22 also designed by Andrew Jones(he also designs 50000$ speakers BTW).
You can go for these
Micca mb42x(front,center,rear)-extreme budget
Pioneer bs22(front,center),Micca mb42x(rear)-budget
Elac b5-buy them while you can
Radius 90hd-get them used,amazing sound also looks amazing
Jbl studio 530-best value speaker in the world
Subwoofer
Martinlogan 300-steal for 100$
Bic america f12-also very good value
Energy 5.1 doesn't have very good resale value here in India,if you get that jbl you can sell them at the same price here in India 5 years from now,I guarantee you

Give more importance to front and center channel for rear get the covo s,they are only 40$ in amazon.Center channel is the most important apart from the subwoofer

Heard a lot about pioneer bs22's VFM status. I am thinking about getting it as 5.0( fronts,centre and rears) and shall buy the sub separately. Did not find ML 300 @ $100 on either ebay or amazon. I think i'll have to broaden my search. Can even buy sub in india,may be astonia or sonodyne roarr 108.

I have actually written a review of the sw10 subwoofer,astonia I haven't tried it but heard a lot of good things also read about some issues.Roarr 108 to me feels overpriced and low in quality.I suggest you buy subwoofer from USA,very hard to get subwoofers here in India unless you are building a DIY subwoofer.I am enjoying my sw10 subwoofer,have plenty of power and sounds great with movies and music,I plan to add another sw10 soon

I suggest you repost your question in speakers,not people look in hometheater that is why you are not getting any answers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back