Need suggestion on attenuator

matbhuvi

I am looking for decent passive preamp / step or relay attenuator for use between my Schiit Yggy and Neumann KEH120 monitors. Looking for suggestions :)

You can try the DCB1 or the K Buffer with a passive volume control after the DAC. May be borrow from a local FM and try out in your system and you may like it.

You can try the DCB1 or the K Buffer with a passive volume control after the DAC. May be borrow from a local FM and try out in your system and you may like it.

I just googled DCB1 and it got me to the DIY thread here. Most of the stuff just flew over my head :eek:. Couldn't get what K buffer is :sad:

Kuartlotron buffer no gain stage.

Pass B1 and dcb1 buffers.

Preamplifiers with unity gain are known as buffers. Passive attenuators are just a volume pot or an resistor array however there may be problems with impedance matching however buffers usually don't have such problems.

I've tried volume pot as passive attenuation. Didn't work too well. Can't speak about transformer based passive volume control as I haven't tried it.

It's much, much better to have volume pot after source, followed by a buffer.

I've tried volume pot as passive attenuation. Didn't work too well. Can't speak about transformer based passive volume control as I haven't tried it.

It's much, much better to have volume pot after source, followed by a buffer.

You mean something like goldpoint level controllers?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back