Need Suggestion on HTIB under 40k.Urgent

bpranay

Dear All,

I am planning to buy HTIB for my bedroom. I had zeroed on a package of Denon1612+ Boston Acoustics MS4000 but due to budget constraints I have to annul that project. Hence my new budget is 40K under which I have to buy an AVR+5.1 Speakers with a media player. Now I have demoed 2 models that is Onkyo3500 & Denon 1312XP. The sales guy and shop owner were all praises for 1312XP and promoting only Denon. When I got the demo, I did not find any difference between two models but yes, when comes to music there was a remarkable difference between these 2 models as 1312XP really sounded better with music. Also anyone please tell me what is the difference between active & passive subwoofer as sales guy told me Onkyo does not have active SW but 1312 has. But what I have seen in this forum that most of the guys advocated and pushed for Onkyo3500.(don't know the reason as I felt 1312XP has some edge over it)

Also guide whether Audio Return channel function plays an important role when choosing HTIB?

Are there any other option beside these 2 models? I am not intrested in Yamaha 296.

Is it possible that get 5.1 speakers at 25K ( offer of hifimart: BA soundware5.1 @ 25K going on) and get AVR separately within 15K from amazon.de or from UK as my brother lives in UK and coming in this December or somehow I get from USA/canada through someone. My boss is currently in canada and he can get it purchased for me. He's coming on 9th November. So I really have very few days left to decide.

So I really really request you guys out there to please help me in arriving at final decision.

Your option of getting the AVR from abroad and sourcing the speakers locally sounds better and the resulting experience will be too!

This option would set you back with 15-20k for AVR and the rest can be put on speakers and cables.

Your option of getting the AVR from abroad and sourcing the speakers locally sounds better and the resulting experience will be too!

This option would set you back with 15-20k for AVR and the rest can be put on speakers and cables.

+ 1 to above.

still if you are in hurry get 1312xp rather than onk 3500 as it sounded better to you...also it has active sub..yes

Also tell me what is ARC function all about?and what are my options of AVR within 15-20k sourced from abroad?what about voltage issue?

Also tell me what is ARC function all about?and what are my options of AVR within 15-20k sourced from abroad?what about voltage issue?

You will be able to look at AVRs priced from $250- $350. Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz all have AVRs in this price range.

Getting hold of a good step down is the second stage. I am sure we can help you out once your AVR is taken care !

Tigerwag,is pioneer RS32 good for movies too?

I know I am bugging you too much but I need to know following
A.does media players support 5.1 DD & dts?
B.what about I play movies with pendrive plugged to Sony 40"EX710,will I be able to get 5.1 DD/dts while Sony connected to AVR as my led supports dolby digital.if this is true then I would do away with media player and increase my budget for HT
C. I also have lenovo laptop with one hdmi connectivity so how can utilise it with HT for playing movies?
D.i have a large collection of english movies with 2 channels audio.Will Avr with 5.1 speaker setup convert the sound output to 5.1?will i get the surround sound with 5.1DD/dts?

Please guide me & clear my above doubts so that i have 360 degrees of view before final purchase

Also when going for separate avr,let me know best speaker setup for the same.i have already disclosed my budget.

If you want to play movies from your TV, that's were ARC might come handy. ARC - Audio Return Channel, sends audio from TV to the receiver via HDMI. Ideally since its over HDMI (having no bandwidth constraints for HD audio) it should play all formats. But most TVs may not passthrough DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD, but regular DTS Core and AC3 would passthrough fine. Both the receiver and your TV should have this capability for ARC to work. Otherwise you may still be able to use SPDIF out (optical or coaxial) from your TV, if it has that to connect to your receiver to get AC3 and DTS output.

And yes you can also use the HDMI out of your laptop. Just connect it to the receiver and all should work fine.

About movies with 2 channel audio, receivers have dolby prologic modes to help with that, so that should work fine too. Just don't expect it to sound as good as a discrete channel surround format like ac3 or dts though.

RS42 is available for 39k . Go for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I auditioned HTP 522 today and I like the system .The price asked is 30k.Is it a good price .Should i go for this.My budget is not above 30k max.

I auditioned HTP 522 today and I like the system .The price asked is 30k.Is it a good price .Should i go for this.My budget is not above 30k max.

I took audition of htp 522 and denon 1312xp and found denon very much impressive. Please take demo of denon and then decide

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back