Need suggestion: Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 with BIC America PL200 II + Marantz SR6013

subbus

Hi FMs,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 setup from scratch. I have zeroed it on: Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 with BIC America PL200 II + Marantz SR6013, after auditioning. Main purpose is movies + occasional music. This is for my living room setup. My budget is around 2L. Please suggest if this is good choice or any better option in the same price range.

Thanks.

I have no idea abt the Sub but for the rest I think you will be completely happy with it. Its a good match.

Hi FMs,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 setup from scratch. I have zeroed it on: Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 with BIC America PL200 II + Marantz SR6013, after auditioning. Main purpose is movies + occasional music. This is for my living room setup. My budget is around 2L. Please suggest if this is good choice or any better option in the same price range.

Thanks.

If you have auditioned this setup and is happy then go ahead with it.......you can perhaps check the price with other dealers if you can avail it cheaper....along with warranty.......

I can vouch for the Marantz and BIC America sub..........(There are dedicated user / owner threads for both these brands....if you need to seek further guidance before taking the plunge).

With the budget you have, there could be many alternative setups.....you can still go window shopping and see other systems....never reveal your real budget to the dealer.....

Hi FMs,

Thanks.
This is an excellent combo no doubt. BIC pl 200-ii is the best sub under 50k. If space permits you can also go for dual subs. Yamaha sw 300 and bic f12 should be a good choice for duals.Have you spoken to any dealer and got a quote ? I think for this combo you may have to spend more then 2L

If you have auditioned this setup and is happy then go ahead with it.......you can perhaps check the price with other dealers if you can avail it cheaper....along with warranty.......

I can vouch for the Marantz and BIC America sub..........(There are dedicated user / owner threads for both these brands....if you need to seek further guidance before taking the plunge).

With the budget you have, there could be many alternative setups.....you can still go window shopping and see other systems....never reveal your real budget to the dealer.....

yes, I liked it after auditioning.
Still i am doing auditioning of other systems, wanted to get a list from FMs instead of trying all brands.

This is an excellent combo no doubt. BIC pl 200-ii is the best sub under 50k. If space permits you can also go for dual subs. Yamaha sw 300 and bic f12 should be a good choice for duals.Have you spoken to any dealer and got a quote ? I think for this combo you may have to spend more then 2L
Correct, I got few quotes & looks like I need to spend another 10-20% more for this setup.

Any alternate setups to keep the budget within 2L ?

Correct, I got few quotes & looks like I need to spend another 10-20% more for this setup.

Any alternate setups to keep the budget within 2L ?
Alternative is the Dali zensor series. They are excellent for both movies and music.

yes, I liked it after auditioning.
Still i am doing auditioning of other systems, wanted to get a list from FMs instead of trying all brands.

Trust your ears....what is bliss for me may be poison for you.......

Where audition is not available ...thats where you rely on FMs recommendations and Youtube videos......

It is good that you are checking out various systems....

Visit ProFx and check Yamaha AVRs and Polk RtiA series of speakers.....

Trust your ears....what is bliss for me may be poison for you.......

Where audition is not available ...thats where you rely on FMs recommendations and Youtube videos......

It is good that you are checking out various systems....

Visit ProFx and check Yamaha AVRs and Polk RtiA series of speakers.....

ProFX doesn't deal with Marantz. I am kind of fixed on Marantz 6013 & looking only on options for speakers/Sub.

How does Polk RtiA fares against Q3050i ?

I will audition Polk RtiA once before finalising. Thanks for the suggestion.

ProFX doesn't deal with Marantz. I am kind of fixed on Marantz 6013 & looking only on options for speakers/Sub.

I have listened to RtiA9 and they are very good. Pro FX should have the Rti series on demo check them out. If you like warm and soft sound signature you can go for the zensor series

Hi FMs,

Thanks.
looks like Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 already have active sub woofer. Since you have BIC America Sub woofer in the list , you can purchase only speaker package avoiding active sub . It wont be effective comparing to powered sub.

Other than this your selection of components are quite good in this budget.

Hi FMs,

Thanks.
Hi, I have zeroed out on Marantz sr6013 (almost) and looking for speaker options (either now or within a few monhts). I've had only one audition close to my place with Onkyo NR686 + pro acoustics bookshelf (was there for my old onkyo repair, was in hurry so not really paid a lot attention to speaker, it was just the AVR demo).
I have been considering Q acoustics cinema pack along with some other options as below, but have not had any auditon as such.
1> Q acoustics Q 3010i cinema pack
2> Definitiv Tech pro cinema 600
3> Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 pack
4> Klipsch reference R-51 bookshelf (2 pairs) OR one of these pair as bipoles, RP-402S, which will bump the budget really high) + Klipsch R-52C + sub from the old onkyo setup (shall add another sub later, may be Klipsch!)
I have IMed you my number, let's see if we happen to freeze on purchase around the same time, make it together to fetch some discount!!

I have used the RTiA speakers with a Marantz, it pairs quite well......

You audition the RTiA series speakers at ProFx........it would be possibly paired with Denon AVRs......

https://www.profx.com/product_categ...ti-series&really_curr_tax=48-product_category

For subs ...they have the DSW Pro 550 / 660......also Look at the HTS 10 and HTS 12........

https://www.profx.com/product_category/powered-subwoofers/

If all mentioned components are available within 2L with Bill and Warranty then you must excercise the option without fail. I have auditioned Marantz SR5013 with Q Acoustic 3050i in What HiFi 2019 Mumbai show and impressed with performance. Q Acoustic 3050i 5.1 cinema package is well regarded on performance scale universally. With my references, I think the Q Acoustic subwoofer is the weakest link in the chain but if you are replacing it with BIC subwoofer then this may be a great set up to enjoy for years. You will get better sounding AVR and Speakers but they will cast a lot. For 2L this is a great HT setup.

Hi, I have zeroed out on Marantz sr6013 (almost) and looking for speaker options (either now or within a few monhts). I've had only one audition close to my place with Onkyo NR686 + pro acoustics bookshelf (was there for my old onkyo repair, was in hurry so not really paid a lot attention to speaker, it was just the AVR demo).
I have been considering Q acoustics cinema pack along with some other options as below, but have not had any auditon as such.
1> Q acoustics Q 3010i cinema pack
2> Definitiv Tech pro cinema 600
3> Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 pack
4> Klipsch reference R-51 bookshelf (2 pairs) OR one of these pair as bipoles, RP-402S, which will bump the budget really high) + Klipsch R-52C + sub from the old onkyo setup (shall add another sub later, may be Klipsch!)
I have IMed you my number, let's see if we happen to freeze on purchase around the same time, make it together to fetch some discount!!
Sure.

If all mentioned components are available within 2L with Bill and Warranty then you must excercise the option without fail. I have auditioned Marantz SR5013 with Q Acoustic 3050i in What HiFi 2019 Mumbai show and impressed with performance. Q Acoustic 3050i 5.1 cinema package is well regarded on performance scale universally. With my references, I think the Q Acoustic subwoofer is the weakest link in the chain but if you are replacing it with BIC subwoofer then this may be a great set up to enjoy for years. You will get better sounding AVR and Speakers but they will cast a lot. For 2L this is a great HT setup.
Is not coming in 2L. Looks like I need to shell out another 35-40k more. So I am thinking my options to bring the cost down to 2L. Any suggestions ?

If your budget is limited 2L and willing to purchase above average quality components then you must break up your budget as AVR = 100k, Subwoofer= 40k and Five speakers = 60K. Initially you need to limit yourself to five bookshelf speakers and later on add good floor standing speakers and Atmos speakers as budget permit. There are numerous speakers brand provide book shelf speakers solution for HT mode like...
Warfdale : Diamond 225/220/220C
Elac : Debut B6.2/B5.2/C5.2
Polk : RTiA 3/1/CSiA4
These are some of the front porting speakers which can be easily wall mounted.
Dali, Q Acoustic, Paradigm, Mission, Bostan Acoustic, KEF, Klispch are some of the other speakers brands have similar solutions but most of their speakers are rear ported and need special mounting bracket which add the cost.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back