Need suggestion to select/build 5.1 HT system with Floorstanding speakers for 60K.

vizeta

Hi Guys..

I am not familiar with all the brands and model of speakers available to make a perfect HT setup. I need suggestions from all expert.

I need the setup primarily for Movies. (75% movies+25 music). I have 47" 3D LED TV with xtreamer MK-1.

Initially my budget was around 25-30 K and almost selected onkyo 3400/3500. I visited onkyo shop and liked the sound of onkyo 3500 for movies.

But my wife did not like the wall mount speakers as we are staying in rented place. We cant do drill here and there on the walls for speaker mounting. So we decided to go for Floorstaning front speakers.

They suggested a package with Onkyo SR 309 AVR with SKF 4700 5.1 setup for ~ 60 K.

So I am seeking expert advice from you if this is a good package for this price or I can replace something in this setup to make it best package for this price range.

Last edited:
Re: Need suggestion to select/build 5.1 HT system with Floorstanding speakers for 60K

N0 suggestion !!!!

Guys, I am waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Re: Need suggestion to select/build 5.1 HT system with Floorstanding speakers for 60K

Onkyo SR 309 AVR with SKF 4700 5.1 setup for ~ 60 K is a good package.

N0 suggestion !!!!

Guys, I am waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

What's your room size ? And what is the equipment you'll connect with the avr ? Skf floor stands cannot be compared to the 3400, as they are far better in terms of audio quality and performance. paired with an equivalent center and rear speakers i soemtimesdo not feel the ned of my subwoofer, unless i really want the thump. The 309 is an entry level reciever.

What's your room size ? And what is the equipment you'll connect with the avr ? Skf floor stands cannot be compared to the 3400, as they are far better in terms of audio quality and performance. paired with an equivalent center and rear speakers i soemtimesdo not feel the ned of my subwoofer, unless i really want the thump. The 309 is an entry level reciever.

Thanks for your reply!!

Right now I have LG 47" 3D LED TV with Xtreamer media player and planning to have a HTPC in future.

My room size is 22 X 16. I want to place the Rear speakers on floorstands. for Front left right I am planning to have Floorstanding speakers.

Right now I am considering :

For AVR

1. Yamaha A710
2. Denon 1912.

For Speakers:

1. Onkyo SKF 4700 speakers set.
2. Heco Victa 700 FS along with Center 101, 200 BS speakers.

Please let me know your suggestion/modification/addition ..

I will say try Denon 1612 with tsi series if budget < 60 k
If above Denon !912 with Tsi 400, cs20, owm5 sub 110

Have a demo on AVRs that you listed. one of the FM (utkarsh) is selling Marantz 5005, Have a look at that too... its very good AVR.

If you are ready to buy online,then Pioneer speaker package can come around 40-45k & add Yamaha 471/Denon 1611(both locally) to get perfect Budget HT sound.
Amazon.com: Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Loudspeakers (Black, Pair): Electronics
Amazon.com: Pioneer SP-C21 130 Watt RMS 2-Way Speaker: Electronics
Amazon.com: Pioneer SP-BS21-LR 80 Watt RMS 2-Way Speaker: Electronics
Amazon.com: Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS Subwoofer System: Electronics

I heard them at mav's home.

Are these pioneer set delivered to India, even im looking of this BS package.. do you recommend these with Onkyo 515???

thank you everybody for your valuable suggestions !!

I am getting Marantz 5006 for Rs 40K.

is it worth getting for this price? as I am considering to buy a AVR in range of 25-30K.

40k is a good price for a new 5006.

5006 is one of the best AVRs around...........excellent choice!!! grab it, if you think 5005 is good, 5006 is much better.

The Pioneer speaker set can be ordered via a vendor in Mumbai. But because of the current dollar prices, the overall rate has gone up quite a bit. The bookshelf version of the 5.1 speaker set is around 40K and the floorstanders one is around 50K (some bargaining may be allowed though). This is too costly considering the US prices !

Hi Guys..

I am not familiar with all the brands and model of speakers available to make a perfect HT setup. I need suggestions from all expert.

I need the setup primarily for Movies. (75% movies+25 music). I have 47" 3D LED TV with xtreamer MK-1.

Initially my budget was around 25-30 K and almost selected onkyo 3400/3500. I visited onkyo shop and liked the sound of onkyo 3500 for movies.

But my wife did not like the wall mount speakers as we are staying in rented place. We cant do drill here and there on the walls for speaker mounting. So we decided to go for Floorstaning front speakers.

They suggested a package with Onkyo SR 309 AVR with SKF 4700 5.1 setup for ~ 60 K.

So I am seeking expert advice from you if this is a good package for this price or I can replace something in this setup to make it best package for this price range.

I would like to recommend Sonodyne Sonus Series from India especially when someone is on a budget <=60K. I had recommended this to one of my friend who had the same budget & is very happy with the setup.

Welcome To Sonodyne

Sonus 2605 FS - 26K, Sonus 2504 FS - 18K, Sonus 2401 CS - 6K, Sonus 1501 BS - 10K & Sonus Rears Dipole surrounds - 10K + you have good range of subwoofers to choose from Roar 108 - 12K, Roar 210 - 15K, Roar 2815 - 18K & Studio Series SLF 210 - 25K (Outstanding performance to price ratio). Now whatever i had said above was prices a year back... There shouldn't be much of a difference now.

Let this be on your audition list among the other forum members suggestion. Take your pick.

If you intend to buy a new receiver, it will eat up 75% of your budget. So get the speakers NEW & an used receiver since you are on a budget. Take help of the forum members if you finalise on the used receiver. @ a later point of time when u can spare some money, upgrade your receiver.:clapping:

I would like to recommend Sonodyne Sonus Series from India especially when someone is on a budget <=60K.

----snip-----

Welcome To Sonodyne

Sonus 2605 FS - 26K, Sonus 2504 FS - 18K, Sonus 2401 CS - 6K, Sonus 1501 BS - 10K & Sonus Rears Dipole surrounds - 10K + you have good range of subwoofers to choose from Roar 108 - 12K, Roar 210 - 15K, Roar 2815 - 18K & Studio Series SLF 210 - 25K (Outstanding performance to price ratio). Now whatever i had said above was prices a year back... There shouldn't be much of a difference now.

Let this be on your audition list among the other forum members suggestion. Take your pick.
------snip----------

I am not able to find any dealer in Bangalore for Sonodyne to audition..

Could you tell me if we have any dealer in bangalore dealing in Sonodyne.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back