• Tweeter 1" (2.54cm)
  • Mid / Woofer 6 1/2" (16.51cm)
  • Total Frequency Response 35Hz-23kHz
  • Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
  • Efficiency 92 dB
  • Continuous 100 watts / Peak 300 watts

Need suggestion for warm sounding 2 channel amplifier
Budget: 10K 15K

You could try the Digital Design C2c or the comparable new model. I would stay away from JBL. Helix and Focal Solid series could be other options.

You may check Audison out, Digital Designs is also nice. Have a look at the Rainbow Dream line series components if you haven't bought the Polks already. Rainbows are one the warmest sounding speakers I have heard.

Trying to tame those polks by throwing money on a warm sounding amplifier may not work out. Getting warm sounding speakers instead would be much simpler.

Trying to tame those polks by throwing money on a warm sounding amplifier may not work out. Getting warm sounding speakers instead would be much simpler.

Hi greenhorn, Thanks for the reply. To be honest, Polk was a blind buy. It did not impress me much initially, but one fine day the speaker was sounding so different and it was so good.

I like those speakers and so not planning to change them. I just wanted to add a suitable amp to make it better. Warm amp is really not my requirement, but since Polk is on the brighter side I don't want to add a bright amp and make it unpleasant.

Definitely not focals. It is hard to classify a car amplifier as warm. And those warm sounding tube amps for car doesn't come in your budget. Best bet is to invest in a good HU with good parametric EQ. Something like Alpine 117 or Kenwood 7816.

Also, how the tweets are connected. Some passive crossovers help you to connect at 0,+3 or -3 db. See whether you can tame down your tweets from the passive crossover.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back