My requirements

1. FullHD - Will be connecting to HTPC
2. Bigger the better
3. With good warranty

I don't care

1. LCD/LED/Plasma
2. Apps / Wifi
3. 3D

For this requirement and 60K budget, what would be the best TV that i can consider.

46PB20
refresh rate is less and dynamic contrast ratio is less.others features are very good.So, if you can take a look at showroom and experience the quality of pictures (dont just play HDMI videos in showroom, coz they always look fantastic on any tv..see some dth content) , you can jump in :) it's a real good buy at this price!

My requirements

1. FullHD - Will be connecting to HTPC
2. Bigger the better
3. With good warranty

I don't care

1. LCD/LED/Plasma
2. Apps / Wifi
3. 3D

For this requirement and 60K budget, what would be the best TV that i can consider.

I always recommend Plasma over LED/LCD so would suggest the below:

Samsung PS51D490A1 (3D)
Panasonic-VIERA TH-P50U30D (2D)

Both are very good tv's in the given budget. Suggest to demo them and ten decide. Also remember, any reflection of light will kill a plasma. To really experience their magic you need to watch plasma in low ambient light.

Bro get the PS51E550. Its the newest Samsung 2012 model and is the best one in your budget.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I always recommend Plasma over LED/LCD so would suggest the below:

Samsung PS51D490A1 (3D)
Panasonic-VIERA TH-P50U30D (2D)

Both are very good tv's in the given budget. Suggest to demo them and ten decide. Also remember, any reflection of light will kill a plasma. To really experience their magic you need to watch plasma in low ambient light.

Thanks. PS51D490A1 is 720P. I'll inquire about P50U30D.

At 60K budget, you can also look at Sony 40EX520. PQ was impressive on this especially with HD content. Infibeam sells it at 57480/-

If you want bigger screens 46inch, do have a look at Toshiba and Philips LCDs - To me PQ is at par or even better than Samsung and Sony.

And if you are ok with a little reflection and dont mind adjusting your lighting in the house for TV, you can get 50 inch Panasonic 3D Plasma

Type: Plasma
Brand: Panasonic

have extensively used Sony LCD, Panasonic Plasmas & LCD, LG Plasma only... out of the three, the Panasonic Plasmas offer the best video quality for the money. have now slowly changed almost all our TVs to Panasonic. Two of our Panasonic plasma panels (industrial grade) are 8 years old and still offer a cracking picture quality in 480p.

Buy plasma.
avoid LG
panasonic is more reliable (bettr build, 3 yr warranty)
samsung is VFM (better picture at a given price)
suggestions: samsung 51E550, 51E490, panasonic 50U30, 50V20 (check availablity)
but if you wait for panasonic 2012 models to release, you can expect the
50ST30 price to drop to you budget around diwali.:licklips:

Also have a look at Sony 46'' CX520 which comes with a decent feature set for a lcd.. I have no experience with Toshiba but it seems to offer good value at 47k with 3 years warranty. Have a look at the Toshiba in showroom to compare it with other brands.

Since we are discussing Plasma, LED/LCD Tv's let me in brief highlight some of the advantages of Plasma technology over LCD/LED.

plasma technology has the better picture quality in normal to low room lighting conditions. Plasma technology will almost without exception triumph during night time viewing. LCD televisions are great for sunroom/breakfast room type environments. While the "response time" of LCD TVs has markedly improved in the last couple of years, especially with the advent of 120/240Hz displays they still suffer from a motion blur effect, where the individual pixels are just slightly out of step with the image on the screen. The high refrash rate LCD televisions can also have some undesireable effects on the picture. During fast moving sports scenes, the most discerning eyes can detect this slight motion response lag. Plasma tvs are preferred by most videophiles and home theater enthusiasts and hence have a very specialized market. LCD/LED is generally preferred by the majority. But if you want inky black levels, accurate flesh tones, all for a good price......you cant beat a plasma!!!

Also, for 3D plasma is generally preferred over LED. Processing speed will be one of the battlegrounds between these competing technologies. Refresh rates in LCD and LED TVs have been increasing lately to 120Hz and 240Hz specifications. Plasma TVs have never really had to compete in this area as processing speed has not been a problem. Some plasma TV manufacturers nevertheless list a processing speed as 600Hz sub field drive to give the potential purchaser an indication of what an applicable processing speed might be compared to and LCD or LED TV. This difference gives plasma 3D technology a distinct advantage.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back