• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need suggestions for 2.1 + AV receiver setup

Mogami Cables

Joseph_K

First things first, sorry for the overkill ;). But, want to be sure on room structure

Room.jpg

Room Size, 20 X 12 foot.

80% - Music

Budget - Max 65K (2.1 + AV Receiver)

Have few choices, but like to hear it from FM.

------

1) Don't think 5.1 is possible (rented house - wall brackets - house owner issues)

2) Floor standing speakers are my choice (don't know why. Maybe am under the impression that it will cover more area as well depth and bass will be great. Not sure)

3) Planning to buy 2.1 and will add others after

4) As far as receiver is concerned, Marantz 1508 is my first choice. But, it's output - 50/60/100W. Will it suffice for my room size ? (Jamsticks is selling it for 33,500 it seems)

Room.jpg

efernand1

First things first, sorry for the overkill ;). But, want to be sure on room structure

View attachment 31780

Room Size, 20 X 12 foot.

80% - Music

Budget - Max 65K (2.1 + AV Receiver)

Have few choices, but like to hear it from FM.

------

1) Don't think 5.1 is possible (rented house - wall brackets - house owner issues)

2) Floor standing speakers are my choice (don't know why. Maybe am under the impression that it will cover more area as well depth and bass will be great. Not sure)

3) Planning to buy 2.1 and will add others after

4) As far as receiver is concerned, Marantz 1508 is my first choice. But, it's output - 50/60/100W. Will it suffice for my room size ? (Jamsticks is selling it for 33,500 it seems)

View attachment 31780

Hi

1) 5.1 you can consider.....big space......look at Taga speakers....5.0 see hifi mart....add sub as budget permits.

2) Floor standers required considering length of room.....sub required to add punch......(taga)

3) A pair of floor standers (decent ones) will cost well above 25k segment.....

4) 80% music...definitely a Marantz...the NR 1508 is also being sold on hifimart for 33k odd.....along with speakers perhaps you can negotiate a good deal....check.... the NR series is capable of driving Dali Zensor 7 floor standers ...one of our FM in Bengaluru used the same for 2 years! NR series can deliver 70 watts at 6 ohms load...Taga are 6 ohms speakers....

What is the size of your TV? Given the distance based on your sketch...hope its big enough

Upvote 0

shibashis

Since music is your preference why go with a receiver, it will be difficult to find good receiver + speaker combo at this price.
Consider getting a Marantz 6006 + good quality bookshelves, better quality sound by all accounts. Add a sub later if you need.
If you are absolutely certain you want a receiver then get quality fronts for the time being, add a center - sub and surrounds in a staggered manner. You will spend more yes but the quality will be many folds of what you will get now with an all in one solution.

Upvote 0

hifitoaster

Is it possible to change the orientalis of stuff in this room? Then I would have preferr3d this for a massive sounstage.

Attachments

• 20181120_013931.jpg
    20181120_013931.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

HTuser

You may consider moving TV table to center of the Short or Long wall to get better stereo imaging.

Marantz 6006 will need separate power amplifier. If you would like to opt for integrated player you can consider Marantz M-CR511. You can connect bookshelf or tower speakers directly to it. But if you need to upgrade to 5.1 setup in future, you will need to buy AVR. Entry level AVR is available at the price of M-CR511.

You may consider starting with 2.0 setup (AVR+Bookshelf), later you can add subwoofer. For music, you may consider sealed subwoofer, but for your large room Ported Sub also can be considered.

Upvote 0

buxx

Since you are mostly into music, I would suggest keeping things simple and going with the Marantz NR1508/9 (if you need AV Receiver functionality, else an integrated Amp will suffice) and a decent pair of floor-standers. Perhaps Mission which blend well with Marantz.

Upvote 0

Joseph_K

Hi

1) 5.1 you can consider.....big space......look at Taga speakers....5.0 see hifi mart....add sub as budget permits.

2) Floor standers required considering length of room.....sub required to add punch......(taga)

3) A pair of floor standers (decent ones) will cost well above 25k segment.....

4) 80% music...definitely a Marantz...the NR 1508 is also being sold on hifimart for 33k odd.....along with speakers perhaps you can negotiate a good deal....check.... the NR series is capable of driving Dali Zensor 7 floor standers ...one of our FM in Bengaluru used the same for 2 years! NR series can deliver 70 watts at 6 ohms load...Taga are 6 ohms speakers....

What is the size of your TV? Given the distance based on your sketch...hope its big enough

Thanks mate. As of now, can't go for 5.0/5.1. Dali - out of budget.

TV - 49 inch.

Upvote 0

Joseph_K

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delayed reply. As most of the comments suggest, thinking of going for an amp instead of a receiver. Will post a separate question regarding this

Upvote 0

Yuvaraj_N

There is a Maranatz SR series reciever & Tannoy mercury 5.0 speakers combo listed in the classifieds which is close to your budget.
I can vouch for those speakers, good for music & movies too imho.
Probably go for an audition and give it a try...

Upvote 0

raghupb

80% music, the rest is TV means that a 2 ch setup is the correct way to go.
As some folks have suggested, if you can move the TV to the long wall it will be better.
But it depends on your usage of living room.
Not gonna suggest brands as you need to audition. Bangalore has a decent share of stores to go and listen.

What are your sources for music? If you plan to stream music from phone, budget for a Chromecast Audio.
As of now they are on sale (dirt cheap) in the US for $15. See if someone can buy it now and get it for you in near future.

Cheers,
Raghu

Upvote 0

Joseph_K

There is a Maranatz SR series reciever & Tannoy mercury 5.0 speakers combo listed in the classifieds which is close to your budget.
I can vouch for those speakers, good for music & movies too imho.
Probably go for an audition and give it a try...
I can't go for 5.0 due to my room environment.

Upvote 0

Joseph_K

80% music, the rest is TV means that a 2 ch setup is the correct way to go.
As some folks have suggested, if you can move the TV to the long wall it will be better.
But it depends on your usage of living room.
Not gonna suggest brands as you need to audition. Bangalore has a decent share of stores to go and listen.

What are your sources for music? If you plan to stream music from phone, budget for a Chromecast Audio.
As of now they are on sale (dirt cheap) in the US for $15. See if someone can buy it now and get it for you in near future.

Cheers,
Raghu

Fiio, laptop, cd's (mostly play it on laptop, occasionally on dvd player) and of course, pen drive's, HDD.

Upvote 0