Need suggestions for auditioning Receiver/Speakers

sumit_4palz

I am going out this weekend to audition surround receivers and speakers. Before I go out I though of preparing myself.

Need suggestions in terms of which media to use for testing above setup

I would like to test the setup for both surround sound and good music (rock/soft rock/pop).

I remember some one mentioned that for auditioning home theater he used Kill bill fight scene (good idea),My idea is to carry audio files in Flac format as its a good way of testing because its loss less.

Can any one share there collection they have used for testing?

Also how should I carry the media, should i burn a dvd or carry them in USB stick?

Any other ideas?

you can take 5 or six songs, which you know very well.

take separate songs with emphasis on mids, lows and highs

movies try, transformers, Jurassic park and any war movie with lots of explosions ;)

I took the follwing songs:
1)Dire Straights - money for nothing, Heavy fuel
2)Infected mushroom - vicious delicious
3)Mettalica - Where ever I roam
4)Eagles - Hotel California (Acoustic ver)
5)Tubular Bells

CD or USB both are fine...I took a USB

you can take 5 or six songs, which you know very well.

take separate songs with emphasis on mids, lows and highs

movies try, transformers, Jurassic park and any war movie with lots of explosions ;)

I took the follwing songs:
1)Dire Straights - money for nothing, Heavy fuel
2)Infected mushroom - vicious delicious
3)Mettalica - Where ever I roam
4)Eagles - Hotel California (Acoustic ver)
5)Tubular Bells

CD or USB both are fine...I took a USB

Excellent suggestions!

I need to find these movies ASAP.

My last question > Any other resource available on internet which is specifically meant for testing of HT/Speakers

Thanks a ton!

Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

There are many experianced members in your city . My advise is, if you are serious , post a open request to our members at your place to accompany you for audition so that you can have their opinions before choosing the item.

Regards

Any other ideas?

There are many experianced members in your city . My advise is, if you are serious , post a open request to our members at your place to accompany you for audition so that you can have their opinions before choosing the item.

Regards[/QUOTE]

+1 to that :thumbsup:

Regards

+1 to that :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan!

My budget is between 40-50k. I have been researching on this forum for long time and I feel my choices are limited, so not sure if this budget requires some one who has very advanced knowledge.

Thanks Kittu, as always you are very helpful.

Sumit,

You did not mention if you were planning to go for a 2.0 or 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setup. Also remember my friend no budget is low budget....... Ultimately you shld be the one deciding based on what your ears tell your mind ....

Pretty sure our senior members are very helpful they will definitly help you in auditions... Also why dont you visit the new klipsch showroom opened in Lavelle Road.

Kittu

Sumit,

You did not mention if you were planning to go for a 2.0 or 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setup. Also remember my friend no budget is low budget....... Ultimately you shld be the one deciding based on what your ears tell your mind ....

Pretty sure our senior members are very helpful they will definitly help you in auditions... Also why dont you visit the new klipsch showroom opened in Lavelle Road.

Kittu

My requirement is 5.1 speaker system.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back