Need suggestions for AV receiver/ Integrated AMp

spatlani

Hey everyone,

Just got a pair of Q acoustics 3020i for my desktop setup. Not sure what AMP should I go for. They need 75w per speaker input so any suggestions are welcome. I am thinking of a 40k budget but can move a bit up if all the requirements meet. I currently have an option of Denon RCD N9 but they somewhat lack in power. I am in Delhi.

Would really appreciate any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance

Hey everyone,

Just got a pair of Q acoustics 3020i for my desktop setup. Not sure what AMP should I go for. They need 75w per speaker input so any suggestions are welcome. I am thinking of a 40k budget but can move a bit up if all the requirements meet. I currently have an option of Denon RCD N9 but they somewhat lack in power. I am in Delhi.

Old high current capability Harman kardon AVR is what I use. Well priced amps.
I would buy heavier amps with bigger transformers internally than AVR rated a certain wattage.

Just got a pair of Q acoustics 3020i for my desktop setup. Not sure what AMP should I go for.
For a desktop setup you don't need an AVR. Any stereo amp in your budget should work. Take a look at a few in the link below.

https://hifimart.com/product-category/electronics/amplifiers/integrated-amplifiers/

Others might give specific suggestions. I have heard the Q Acoustics with Marantz and liked it.
They need 75w per speaker input

They don't. Any good 40 Watt amp should be able to drive them easily especially seeing that they are for a desktop setup.

Make your choice based on how you are going to listen to music like from CD's, music files, streaming etc.

Last edited:
Old high current capability Harman kardon AVR is what I use. Well priced amps.
I would buy heavier amps with bigger transformers internally than AVR rated a certain wattage.
Thanks, I'll take a look

For a desktop setup you don't need an AVR. Any stereo amp in your budget should work. Take a look at a few in the link below.

https://hifimart.com/product-category/electronics/amplifiers/integrated-amplifiers/

Others might give specific suggestions. I have heard the Q Acoustics with Marantz and liked it.

They don't. Any good 40 Watt amp should be able to drive them easily especially seeing that they are for a desktop setup.

Make your choice based on how you are going to listen to music like from CD's, music files, streaming etc.
I see, I will be mostly using them with music files. The link above shows most of them are out of stock. If you have to use anyone what will you prefer, it'll help me drill down on the options. I also have an option to use Topping mx5, will that work?

Thanks for the suggestion though

The Bluesound Powernode will definitely exceed your budget. However; if you dig streaming, there is no better one box solution in the market right now.
Yeah that is definitely out of my budget right now. Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

MArantz PM6007.

I will be mostly using them with music files.If you have to use anyone what will you prefer, it'll help me drill down on the options. I also have an option to use Topping mx5, will that work?
If I have to be on the safer side, I would pair it with the Marantz PM 6007 as suggested by @vkalia. A DAC may be need sometime in the future to get the best out of it from computer audio assuming that you will be playing files stored on the computer or streaming from the computer via Spotify, Tidal etc

The Topping MX5 has a USB input which is a plus. No separate DAC required. It has a power rating of around 35 Watts per channel. Your speakers have a sensitivity of 88 dB, so in theory for near field listening, it should work. I have not heard the Topping MX5 myself but I have a Topping TP 60 which is a 25 odd watt amp which is quite nice for near field listening. Worked ok in my room too at the low to medium volumes that I listen at.

But just in case, in future you plan to place these speakers in a regular room, you might just be better of with the Marantz PM 6007 and a DAC. The Marantz PM 6007 retails for around 35,000/- and a USB DAC say a Zen Air Dac will cost around 8,000/- rupees which should give you good sound even when placed in regular rooms.

The Marantz PM 6007 also has a subwoofer out, if in case you would like to add a powered sub in the future.

https://hifimart.com/product/marantz-pm6007-integrated-amplifier/

https://www.headphonezone.in/products/ifi-audio-zen-air-dac?_pos=1&_fid=2e239e3bd&_ss=c

Last edited:
If I have to be on the safer side, I would pair it with the Marantz PM 6007 as suggested by @vkalia. A DAC may be need sometime in the future to get the best out of it from computer audio assuming that you will be playing files stored on the computer or streaming from the computer via Spotify, Tidal etc

The Topping MX5 has a USB input which is a plus. No separate DAC required. It has a power rating of around 35 Watts per channel. Your speakers have a sensitivity of 88 dB, so in theory for near field listening, it should work. I have not heard the Topping MX5 myself but I have a Topping TP 60 which is a 25 odd watt amp which is quite nice for near field listening. Worked ok in my room too at the low to medium volumes that I listen at.

But just in case, in future you plan to place these speakers in a regular room, you might just be better of with the Marantz PM 6007 and a DAC. The Marantz PM 6007 retails for around 35,000/- and a USB DAC say a Zen Air Dac will cost around 8,000/- rupees which should give you good sound even when placed in regular rooms.

The Marantz PM 6007 also has a subwoofer out, if in case you would like to add a powered sub in the future.

https://hifimart.com/product/marantz-pm6007-integrated-amplifier/

https://www.headphonezone.in/products/ifi-audio-zen-air-dac?_pos=1&_fid=2e239e3bd&_ss=c
I see, Marantz is a good option as suggested by other members as well. I will try to listen to it today if possible. Many thanks for your time and suggestions.

MArantz PM6007.
Thanks for the suggestion

Hi @spatlani,
Did you audition Marantz? Whats your opinion?

I am also looking for an amp for 3020i. Let me know if you have bought or finalized anything please.

Hi @spatlani,
Did you audition Marantz? Whats your opinion?

I am also looking for an amp for 3020i. Let me know if you have bought or finalized anything please.

I am using a Marantz PM6007 with Q Acoustics 3020i without any problems or complaints. It is a good combo.

Hey everyone,

Hey Spatlani,
I don't see why would u need an AVR.
For the desktop, i would suggest a Bluesound Powernode. The latest ones come at 80wpc. Im not sure if its available in the market though as I am looking for the same and can't seem to find any one having stock.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back