Need Suggestions for Floor Standing speakers under 2.5 Lakhs

rajivaryan1984

Looking for a Floor Standing Speakers for my living room (IMAGE is attached below).

Usage would be 75% Music and 25% Movies. Sources will be Marantz PM8006 (Turntable, CD Player and Network Player). Have decided to audition the below but kindly advise if I am missing any other brand which I should consider. Genre of Music is New and Old Bollywood Music, Ghazals, English Collection from MLTR, Backstreet, Dire Straits, Celine Dion and Others.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

Please advise if I should audition or consider any other brand too.

Attachments

• LIVING ROOM.jpg
    LIVING ROOM.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 103
Fits your budget perfectly and good FS too!

Looking for a Floor Standing Speakers for my living room (IMAGE is attached below).

Usage would be 75% Music and 25% Movies. Sources will be Marantz PM8006 (Turntable, CD Player and Network Player). Have decided to audition the below but kindly advise if I am missing any other brand which I should consider. Genre of Music is New and Old Bollywood Music, Ghazals, English Collection from MLTR, Backstreet, Dire Straits, Celine Dion and Others.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

For a budget of 2.5L U should look at keff R series. I haven’t heard it but know a fm who is a pure stereo guy and gave excellent feedback especially for stereo. He infact sold his brand new monitor audio platinum speakers just to get the R series.

Last edited:
I have auditioned KEF Q 900 with Marantz SR6013 avr. KEF have huge lifesize sound stage with strong and focused center image. Plenty of details to note. At that time Q900 was cost around 1.35L, lot cheaper than your budget. Recently one of the FM has purchased Paradigm Premier 800F speaker and he seems to be very much happy with purchase . You may request for inputs......

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

Dali Opticon is good but just pick the opticon 8 for stereo music.
SVS is generally good for movies (HT use) so I would avoid that for Stereo setup.
Kef will be very good for music but you can also look for the previous generation R700 (which may be on good offer if available). When I recently visited the PROFX chennai, they had a pair of Kef R700 in Gloss black(Demo unit) in good working condition. The problem is, one of the speaker had a good physical damage on the top corner so, if that is fine then you can get them at a good price. Also audition the Ker R5.
The Fine Audio F502 is also good for music.
And Focal Aria 926 which has a retail price of 3L is selling for around 1.5Lakh so that also deserves your attention.
Monitor audio speakers have the best fit and finish in their price range, however they are not the best sounding in their range (my personal opinion)
If you like laid back sound then consider the Castle speakers and the Wharfedale. These speakers are laidback and have great fit and finish.
The Revel Performa F206 are also great speakers however I doubt if they will fit into 2.5L.
We can only give you suggestion. Take some ideas from our suggestion and audition as many speakers as possible because different people prefer different sound. What feels bright to me can sound perfect to you or vice versa.
My pick within 2.5Lakh will be the Kef R series and If I wan in US then I would get a pair of Salk towers with either Raal or Beryllium tweeters.

I have auditioned KEF Q 900 with Marantz SR6013 avr. KEF have huge lifesize sound stage with strong and focused center image. Plenty of details to note. At that time Q900 was cost around 1.35L, lot cheaper than your budget. Recently one of the FM has purchased Paradigm Premier 800F speaker and he seems to be very much happy with purchase . You may request for inputs......
Any inputs on the Bass...

SVS is generally good for movies (HT use) so I would avoid that for Stereo setup.
Kef will be very good for music but you can also look for the previous generation R700 (which may be on good offer if available). When I recently visited the PROFX chennai, they had a pair of Kef R700 in Gloss black(Demo unit) in good working condition. The problem is, one of the speaker had a good physical damage on the top corner so, if that is fine then you can get them at a good price. Also audition the Ker R5.
And Focal Aria 926 which has a retail price of 3L is selling for around 1.5Lakh so that also deserves your attention.
Monitor audio speakers have the best fit and finish in their price range, however they are not the best sounding in their range (my personal opinion)
If you like laid back sound then consider the Castle speakers and the Wharfedale. These speakers are laidback and have great fit and finish.
The Revel Performa F206 are also great speakers however I doubt if they will fit into 2.5L.
We can only give you suggestion. Take some ideas from our suggestion and audition as many speakers as possible because different people prefer different sound. What feels bright to me can sound perfect to you or vice versa.
My pick within 2.5Lakh will be the Kef R series and If I wan in US then I would get a pair of Salk towers with either Raal or Beryllium tweeters.
Hey thanks buddy...this is a great help. I guess I will pick up Opticon 8 as I like bit of bass in the music and I guess Opticon 8 will be able to meet that wish. Any thoughts....

For good bass and similar specs to fill a large room get the Aria 948 or 936.
I have heard them extensively along with the monitor audio gold 300.

Most of the KEF Q series seakers are bass shy. They do not have low end extension for their price . Paradigm, B&W have great low end power and extension.

Where are you located?

Look at Acoustic Portrait.
Or Rethm. But they play better with tube amps.

Maybe this

Buddy you mentioned about Focal Aria 926 retailing at 1.5 lakhs. Can you kindly advise where ?

Buddy you mentioned about Focal Aria 926 retailing at 1.5 lakhs. Can you kindly advise where ?
The below mentioned shop had the focal aria 926 at 50% discount for Rs. 1,50,000/- two weeks ago and then to Rs. 1.6 lakh and 2days back it was Rs. 1.8Lakh. Now they have cancelled the discount again. So call the store directly and i am sure that they will offer those speakers at 50% discount.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

[/QUOTE

you can consider PSB imagine T2, review by Stereophile in link below

or Golden Ear triton two or paradigm prestige series

Lakozy in Mumbai was offering PSB them at highly discounted rates as they are in stock clearance mode.you can check with them.brilliant speakers in my opinion.i got them after replacing my Paradigm studios( had them For more than 10 years)

Yes there's a change in dealership, I got it at a similar price Las year , you could consider aria 948 if available. Have heard Dali and owned monitor audio Silver earlier, these Focals are much better, the bass is kind of addictive. At 91.5db sensitivity they can be driven by AVR as well, though they shine better with a power amp.

Yes there's a change in dealership, I got it at a similar price Las year , you could consider aria 948 if available. Have heard Dali and owned monitor audio Silver earlier, these Focals are much better, the bass is kind of addictive. At 91.5db sensitivity they can be driven by AVR as well, though they shine better with a power amp.
Thanks a lot dear friend..any suggestions for a decent power amp which i can add to SR7013.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

You are on right track, just make sure you purchase from official dealers.

Thanks a lot dear friend..any suggestions for a decent power amp which i can add to SR7013.
I use Marantz SR 7010 and it kind of drives focals reasonably well, but I'm driving them with Parasound a21, @250wpc it brings the best out of them. Though I Use Xtz 12.17 Subwoofer for music listening earlier, I haven't been using it with Focals, because bass is already much better with Focals.
Your Marantz Amplifier 8006 should easily drive Focals. You can add power amp if required, but getting a better integrated will be more advisable.

Coming to Power amps for stereo, under 1L power amps are not pretty great, You should look at Emotiva Xpa2 Gen 3 series for vfm. Other good option is DIY class AB power amp by FM @Aniket or Class A by Shaan. Schiit Vidar is another decent option, so is Nuprime Sta9 monoblocks & Audiolab monoblocks.
Don't spend too much on Power amp for HT use, Crown XLS 2502 is more than enough for HT usage, you can add 2 more Crown to drive center and side Surrounds and you're set. You can pm me for any further querries.

Back