Need suggestions for multimeter, solder gun etc

kbhuvi

Gentlemen

Greetings
I have a couple of vintage amps and I am looking forward to do TLC on them. I am looking for suggestions for
a. Digital Multimeter
b. Solder gun
c. Capacitor/transistor tester

Various threads have recommended
a. Meco, Rishabh
b. Hakko
c. Chinese with lcd screen

I am not looking for something high end (read expensive - such as fluke) but something sturdy. Looking to spend 6k to 8k max for all three.

I have read that auto range multimeters are better. Suggestions may be given keeping in mind the multimeter would need to measure low current/ voltage.

Learned FMs may kindly guide me by sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience. Brickbats are also welcome.

(I am posting here on purpose because compared to 'what should i buy' thread, i am expecting better suggestions based on experience).

If possible budget for true rms Digital MM. Some DMMs come with Transistor and Cap tester inbuilt
There is a dedicated low cost LCR meter from china inc that shows up on youtube but its difficult to know which is fake and which is original and which one will work if you order.
Soldering : Goot or Solderon .
***Also make sure you understand the precautions of using and working with mains voltage***

I have some suggestions which are within your budget and are good value for money.

Digital Multimeter MECO 171 B + 3 Digit / 6000 Count TRMS Auto ranging Digital Multi meter with Holster
Soldering Iron Generic 40W 220V Goot Professional Grade Soldering Iron
Transistor Tester DANIU MK-328 Transistor Tester Capacitor ESR Inductance Resistor Meter LCR NPN PNP MOS

The MK 328 is good for checking transistors, inductors but not reliable when checking the capacitance. Also care should be taken while checking the capacitance. Capacitors should be completely discharged or else you will end up damaging your meter.

Sadik

Thanks FMs for the suggestions. Allow me to look into them. I 'll holler if i have any more questions.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back