Need suggestions for Open baffle Design

I think I remember you did this some time back too for the same driver and the size came out to be enormous for an apartment in Mumbai.
Am unable to recollect now. This was simulated with Basta with the volume calculated from the TL logics.

what I understood reading that post is that big drivers have poor off axis response and we have to use a tweeter pointing to the sealing . Will this be that much a problem .?
I have a better way of doing it.
Please share ,

And today I enquired the pricing of frx it's 1450 per driver . Now I have to find some place to do the circular cut if the ply . Is ply or mdf better for this project

Hi all, don't want to spoil this thread, but just want to ask a question... Can we have an OB for center channel ??? This will be hidden behind the pj screen. So the rear side should be "close to the wall". Something like shown in the attached image. Does it work that way at all ???

Screenshot_2018-09-10-15-48-57-835_com.miui.gallery.jpg

For hiding behind the screen, 2 to 3 feet is nearly impossible in my room. So I have to forget this idea for now ....

Today for the first time i listened to a proper open baffle speaker and it was an amazing experience , never heard such clean bass so were the vocals . Few months back i met Mr Seby who contacted me to enquire about Fuji bike as I am having one ,on general talks i found he is interested in audio and he invited me for a listening session at his home but only today I got a chance to go there as both of us were free thanks to bandh . His DIY speakers are based on PAP trio design but the full ranger was Fostex , and woofers were eminence alpha he also hand wind the crossovers and adjust them after listening . Amp was Ayon spark 3 connected to wolfensteen and philips DACs . The dacs are also diy efforts by seby.

Coming to the sound i don't have any words to describe the bass it was so clean and you can feel them . He played the harivarasanam and that was a total new experience as if yesudas was standing there and singing . I got highly impressed by the open baffles . But the size of the speaker's are intimidating never thought it will be this big . It's the biggest home speakers i ever heard .I will have to put the project on hold for some time as I feel such a big speakers needs some dedicated space .

I dint take pics as he have not finished the build he is planning to paint them and powder coat the frame , but I can send you his whats app number you can ask him directly .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back