Need suggestions for rugged earphones

asatsi

Hi,

I used skullcandy earphones bought from amazon (~500 INR) for almost last 10 months. Today it died on me. I need to wiggle the connector to get sound out from both the speakers. Is this the shelf-life expected from these? I generally wind them and keep it in my laptop bag along with all laptop accessories. So not really very safely kept all the time. What is a good + budget option for decent quality earphones that could sustain the day to day travel in crammed space of a laptop bag?

Thanks,
Satish/

I keep Sound Magic ES18 in a laptop bag sans laptop. :D However, they held-up pretty well for over a year now. I baby my gear so ymmv. I think shenheiser are pretty sturdy in this range. I guess even Sony should is going to be fine.

I am on the look-out for a IEM around 100$ with removable cable and sturdy build. It pains me a lot to look at my Etymotic HF5s and Sound Magic PL50 to see lying idle because of strained cable. You sound like me in using something to the fullest. :) :clapping: I hate to spend repeatedly on something and just worship things that are built to last.

Me and my buddies didnt find Soundmagic ES18 any good, both were bought independently.

If you have budget get KZ series of earphones, they have removable cables. Also, if you want something in the similiar price range, get Mi(Xiaomi) basic in ears costing 500 bucks, they sound decent and good cables, or if you want better SQ, MI hybrids around 1800 bucks. I have both, the latter are better cabled. I could suggest Soundmagic E10, but their cables arent that good. The toughest cabled IEMs I owned was Mi Pistons (the rose gold ones) it was covered in strong fabric sheath.

Hi,

I used skullcandy earphones bought from amazon (~500 INR) for almost last 10 months. Today it died on me. I need to wiggle the connector to get sound out from both the speakers. Is this the shelf-life expected from these? I generally wind them and keep it in my laptop bag along with all laptop accessories. So not really very safely kept all the time. What is a good + budget option for decent quality earphones that could sustain the day to day travel in crammed space of a laptop bag?

Thanks,
Satish/

I myself was shocked to hear the performance of these babies......my brother in law uses them...daily...local train travel.....

https://www.amazon.in/Bass-Heads-22...scsubtag=70621ff1-e30c-4346-84c6-2341f2889ec7

Amazing finish and clarity with punch.....

I personally use the Original Samsung ear phones which came with my Galaxy Edge S6...they are quite good......use the VLC player which has adjustable 10/12 band EQ

If you don't mind light headphones, the Sennheiser px100 is practically indestructible. Have been throwing them around for the past 5 years and no problems whatsoever(except for the sponge). They sound amazing too!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back