Need Suggestions for Selecting Floorstanding Speakers

rajivaryan1984

Dear Members,

I am planning to upgrade my current FS speakers from Zensor 7. The usage will be 70% Music and 30% Movies. I will be using SR7013 for movies and using HT by pass PM8006 for Music. (Sources will be Audio CD's CD6006, FLAC, DSD and WAV files on my USB Drive, TT Project Debut Carbon and Network Player CXNV2).

Need some suggestions from you on the speakers which can be more bright and bass for Music Listening. Kind of Music I hear - Latest Hindi Bollywood movies/albums, Ghazals, Retro and English like Backstreet, Celine Dion and West life.

I have shared the layout of the Living Room where I will place this...I know some of you might and will definitely ask me for Audition but due to my work and time constraints may not be possible regularly. So based upon your suggestions I will do one final round of evaluation on a Single Day ( If we are lucky enough to be out of this ongoing Corona epidemic).

But Please share your thoughts as my major requirement is for Music - bright and bass. I was going through ELAC Debut F6 and SVS Prime but not sure if they would be the right choice. Budge for FS is 2 Lakhs....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi,
I can offer you a brand new boxed Dali Opticon 8.
It has superb bass with 2 8 inch drivers.
Rgds

There's Kef reference series R500 for sale. They are bright sound signature as you mentioned above.

Dear Members,

I am planning to upgrade my current FS speakers from Zensor 7. The usage will be 70% Music and 30% Movies. I will be using SR7013 for movies and using HT by pass PM8006 for Music. (Sources will be Audio CD's CD6006, FLAC, DSD and WAV files on my USB Drive, TT Project Debut Carbon and Network Player CXNV2).

Need some suggestions from you on the speakers which can be more bright and bass for Music Listening. Kind of Music I hear - Latest Hindi Bollywood movies/albums, Ghazals, Retro and English like Backstreet, Celine Dion and West life.

I have shared the layout of the Living Room where I will place this...I know some of you might and will definitely ask me for Audition but due to my work and time constraints may not be possible regularly. So based upon your suggestions I will do one final round of evaluation on a Single Day ( If we are lucky enough to be out of this ongoing Corona epidemic).

But Please share your thoughts as my major requirement is for Music - bright and bass. I was going through ELAC Debut F6 and SVS Prime but not sure if they would be the right choice. Budge for FS is 2 Lakhs....
Bright and bass isn't possiblei guess..
As With stronger bass you get warmer sound.
You cannot expect much with the amp.

The Kef R500 lack bass with driver size of only 5.25. They would be more suitable in a small room.

Last edited:
OP is looking for little chrisp and forward sound signature with great bass . I think Paradigm monitor 11 have same sound signature. Even KLH kendell is close to this. Also connected electronics and interconnects also play a major role in defining the sound characteristics.

Since you are looking for bright speakers with good bass, you can consider SVS Prime Pinnacle which will fit in your budget of 2 Lakhs.
Alternate option is to use Prime Towers with sealed subwoofer like SB2000 Pro. This sub comes with App to choose various settings.
Consider SB3000 if you are planning to use for movies as well.

XTZ subwoofers are another option, they come with port tuning and EQ options, but manual settings behind the sub. XTZ also got speakers and some of them provides options to tune further - like closing the port, adjusting the level of tweeter etc.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back